We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • I’ve got Quip working to comment on blog posts and product pages, but the comments are printing twice. What’s up with that?

[[!Quip?
          &thread=`[[*pagetitle]]`
          &replyResourceId=`[[*id]]`
          &closeAfter=`0`
        ]]
        <hr>
        [[!QuipReply?
           &thread=`[[*pagetitle]]`
           &notifyEmails=`[[++quip.emailsTo]]`
           &moderate=`1`
           &moderatorGroup=`Administrator`
        &closeAfter=`0`
        ]]

I’m confused by the replyResourceId parameter -- it says it should reference "The ID of the Resource where the QuipReply snippet is held, for replying to threaded comments." But that’s the same page, so isn’t it correct to use [[*id]] for that parameter?
    • Seems like this may be a caching issue... I’ve commented out the Quip Snippet calls and they STILL show up -- I moved them into a chunk whereas they used to be inside the page content. I’ve cleared the cache, but no dice.
        • 82 Posts
        Quote from: Everett at Jul 20, 2011, 10:28 PM

I’m confused by the replyResourceId parameter -- it says it should reference "The ID of the Resource where the QuipReply snippet is held, for replying to threaded comments." But that’s the same page, so isn’t it correct to use [[*id]] for that parameter?

No - this is a separate resource, from the manual http://rtfm.modx.com/display/ADDON/Quip#Quip-ThreadedComments you need to create a separate resource call it something like "reply to thread".

In there just put the code
        <h2>Reply to Thread</h2>
        [[!Quip]]
        <br />
        [[!QuipReply]]

Whatever the resource number created for this code is the number you need for replyResourceId. eg
        &replyResourceId=`59`

In fact having just done it I just remembered I put it the other way round, so I have instead
        <h2>Reply to Thread</h2>
        [[!QuipReply]]
        <br />
        [[!Quip]]

This puts the reply box at the top of the page and then lists the relevant thread of comments underneath it.

Hope this helps.

Adrian Cherry
        • Thanks!

So if I’m not using threading (i.e. threaded=`0`), then do I need to worry about that?

I figured out the printing twice thing... I’m a dumbass. I was looking at the wrong page.
            • 82 Posts
            Probably don’t need to bother with the file if you don’t have threading turn on. However it might be worth creating while you set it up, then if you do need to turn threading on, it’s already set up for you.

Adrian
            • Got it. Thanks for the guidance! Saved me a lot of time.
                • 82 Posts
                Glad to be of help, fortunately I’ve just been going though setting up Quip these last few days which is why I can remember the details. Next week may have been a different matter!
                Adrian