We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    Hi all,

Being a newcomer to Quip I didn’t consider the closeAfter setting and now after 14 days all of the comment threads on my site are closed off! I have changed the setting to 0 but it is not being applied to previously closed threads. Is there a way I can retrospectively apply the new setting to threads that are closed off?

ps I have really enjoyed my experience with modx so far, many thanks.

I am using Quip 1.2.5 with Modx 2.0.7
      • 7 Posts
      Hi there

After changing the &closeAfter to 0, you just have to clear the cache of your site (at least it worked for me).
        • 5 Posts
        Hi there,

I'm struggling with the same problem, but clearing the cache didn't solve the problem.

What else can I try?

• 70 Posts
          Yeah me too. No love with either the &closeAfter=`0` and clearing the cache. ANyone have any luck figuring this out?

I notice this site does not use Quip. Anyone know what it is?
            • 4,149 Posts
            Quip 2.2.0-pl fixes the issue, but Quip 2.2 is Revo 2.2+ only. If you upgrade to Revo 2.2+, you can then upgrade to Quip 2.2.0-pl.
              shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
              • 70 Posts
              So I was happily moving along with this and after 30 days the thread closed again. Latest Quip, latest Modx. Can't find a place in MySQL to reopen it.

quip reply_call_params
              "closed":false

quip_call_params
              "still open":true,
              "closed":false

existing_params is empty. Just { }

How do I open this again?
                • 3 Posts
                Hi,

I add "&closeAfter=`0`" in QuipReply call and now thread are open to comment again.

[ [!QuipReply? &thread=`Mythread` &moderate=`1` &moderatorGroup=`Moderators` &moderators=`admin` &closeAfter=`0` &notifyEmails=`[email protected]`] ]
                [ed. note: modxhvila last edited this post 12 years, 3 months ago.]