We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 786 Posts
    I have been trying to get quip working on a VisionCart product page and am running into some issues.

I am able to pass the vision cart product id into my quip call to make sure that the thread is unique per product. However when a comment is submitted or previewed it redirects to the resource page used for displaying products. If I navigate back to the product I was commenting on, the comment shows up so it looks like the comments are getting stored correctly.

So I looked in the QuipReply snippet and found that it is using the resource id to create the url placeholder and for redirecting after submitting a comment. This works great in most cases, but because of how visioncart creates its urls it drops the current products information.

I was thinking it would be possible to grab the current url from the $_SERVER variable and use that instead of modxs makeUrl function. Thought I would post here to see if anyone had any other ideas on how to make this work correctly.

(If this belongs in the visioncart category feel free to move it)
      • 394 Posts
      Hey,

I have tweeted you about this. I think Quip should have a "returnUrl" parameter. I think
      this will be a nice addition when using custom URL’s like this.

You can add this as a feature request to quip.

http://bugs.modx.com/projects/quip
        Follow me on twitter: @b03tz
        Follow SCHERP Ontwikkeling on twitter: @scherpontwikkel
        CodeMaster
        • 786 Posts
        Thats an interesting idea. I will take a look at the code, from what I remember last night this would be an easy addition to quip.

One question... whats the best way to get the url for the current visioncart product being displayed. Is there a placeholder that contains that information?
          • 786 Posts
          So I was looking into this some more and trying to get it working and am not running into much luck. I thought I might be able to solver this with using one of Quips postHooks, but either I am doing something wrong or quipReply does not call the hooks.

Right now quip just accepts a resourceId for setting the return url for all of the snippets. So this snippet will not work on Visioncart product pages due to the fact they all use the same resource.

I am digging through the code of quip to try to find a proper place to put in a new parameter to create the actual return url. If anyone else has any tips on this I would appreciate the help though.