We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 368 Posts
    I’m taking Quip for a spin for the first time and, after carefully reading the docs, have a simple question: How do I keep the content of a post visible on the page when a comment is being previewed/errored out?

Thanks.
      Jason
      • 387 Posts
      Revo or Evo ?

I’ve used Quip with Revo. It seems to me that what you are describing is the default behavior - at least I don’t remember going out of my way to get it.
      Maybe I’m misunderstanding what you want.

If you post your QuipReply call we could see what you are doing
        • 368 Posts
        Revolution 2.0.7-pl Traditional.

Here are my snippet calls:

[[!Quip?
          &thread=`main`
          &threading=`0`
          &allowReportAsSpam=`0`
          &useGravatar=`0`
          &tplComment=`blog_comment_tpl`
          ]]

[[!QuipReply? 
          &thread=`main`
          &moderate=`1`
          &moderatorGroup=`Moderators`
          &tplAddComment=`blog_reply_tpl`
          ]]

If a message is entered, but no other fields are filled out, the blog entry will disappear from the page, leaving only the error/preview/form. Oddly enough, it behaves correctly - the blog entry remains present - if all fields are left blank.
          Jason
          • 387 Posts
          Sorry I should said the call and any templates you are using- you are using a custom template perhaps the is something wrong with it - try it without the custom template and see if it works.

your call looks fine to me - I’m using basically the same, just a few different parameters
          [[!Quip? &thread=`[[!get? &getname=`thread`]]` &dateFormat=`%b %d, %Y` &closeAfter=`0` &useGravatar=`0` &sortDir=`ASC` ]]
            • 368 Posts
            Removing my custom TPL didn’t change anything, but I did find out where the problem is - my CSS. Examining the source code, I find that the blog post is, in fact, still there - I just can’t see it because of a layout issue, probably with my columns vs. the preview chunk. I will get to work on it from that angle - thanks for your help. smiley
              Jason