We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,717 Posts
    As I haven’t found the solution I open a contest wink Everybody could participate
    How is it possible to integrate Quip with JQuery UI Tabs with an ajax load of the Quip content ?

I have tried to set a simple page with two tabs.
    The first tab with an html content
    The second tab with Quip comments on the first tab content

To start I used "Loading Pages in the Front-End via AJAX and jQuery Tabs" tutorial."
    <script type="text/javascript">  
    $(function() { $("#tabs").tabs(); });  
    </script>  

<div id="tabs">
    	<ul>
    		<li><a href="#tabs-1">Demos</a></li>
    		<li><a href="[[~92]]">Comments</a></li>
    	</ul>
    	<div id="tabs-1">
    		<p>Here any html content</p>
    	</div>
    </div>

With #92 resource content :
    [[!Quip? &thread=`threadNameHere` &threading=`0`]]
    <br />
    [[!QuipReply? &thread=`threadNameHere`]]

Unfortunately the form generated by Quip create a submit button with action="index.php?id=92".
    So the preview button generate a post answer outside of the inital page (with the two tabs)

Any idea to solve this problem is welcome.
      • 387 Posts
      Interesting.
      It is possible to use a custom tplAddComment that directs back to the page with the tabs - unfortunately the preview section does not show up, so it does not work.

Is there a particular reason that you want to load the comments page with ajax? ie not have the quip calls on the same page?

I’m thinking along the lines of calling the first tab html content with Ajax and the quip call would pull the appropriate comments using the thread name and put them in the second tab - I’m assuming that this one page is being used to view multiple html resources along with comments on the multiple resources.