We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 44 Posts
    Hi

I am creating a blog in revolution. I can view and post comments. And even get the quip approval email message for new comments. However, in the components > quip section of modx back-end, it’s not displaying any threads or comments. Thus i cannot manage them properly. I have set up a moderators user group and given it the correct context access as described in the tutorial {http://rtfm.modx.com/display/revolution20/Creating+a+Blog+in+MODx+Revolution}. But nothing

Also on the image attached, the comment circled in red has been deleted, but is still displaying. When i click on it, it takes me to the homepage.

I belive it’s also causing my ’Reply to thread’ page quip call to display: ’Posted on Dec 19, 2010 | Tags: ’, which is the wrong date.

Has anyone experienced this or has any suggestions?

thanks

• 1 Posts
      I believe what you are looking for is the properties listed under elements>snippets>quipreply>properties take a gander at those properties. That should give you the functionality that you are looking for.

-Bryan
        • 44 Posts
        Had a look can’t see what the problem can be. This is really frustrating.

When I post a reply to a comment and hit enter I get a 404 error http://www.clearfocusentertainment.com/index.php?id=10&quip_thread=blog-post-25&quip_parent=11

I get the following email, however when I click Approve comment I get another 404 page, but my quip component is not showing any threads.
         Hello,
        A new comment by ella is in need of moderation. It has been posted at:
        http://www.clearfocusentertainment.com/~admin20/index.php?id=25#qcom15
        ----------------------------------------------------
        hello hello
        ----------------------------------------------------
        Approve Comment | Delete Comment | Unapproved Comments
        This is an automated email. Please do not reply directly. The comment's ID is: 15 on the thread "blog-post-25".
        Thanks,
        Quip

Do I need to do anything in the settings to enable quip?
          • 44 Posts
          i am really desperate :’( have been trying to get this blog up and running for over a month. Can anybody help me finish this. it’s my first modx site, and i have really struggled with this blog issue. i don’t know what to do for the best. I’m not ready to abandon Modx, but this quip thing is a big issue for me. Please please can anybody help me sad.

Many thanks in advance
            • 387 Posts
            Have you sorted this out?
            You did not post any code so its hard to know where to start.
            I fought with quip awhile ago - I think in the end most of my problems were due to typing ’[[Quip ’ when I needed ’[[!Quip ’ (that is uncached v cached).
              • 44 Posts
              Thanks for responding. I was at a loss so i deleted the entire site and started afresh. I think the problem was the fact that i was building the site in a test area, and modx was renaming the site to /~admin20, which is the default in the config file, i deleted this. As the ~ was causing the comment id’s to crash. Not sure if i explained this well but the quip component and the site are now working fine.

cheers