We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 28 Posts
    I have 2.0.6-pl
    I did everything by the book (or so I think).
    Added the private and public keys in their respective fields in the System Settings.

Here’s my call:
    [[!QuipReply?
           &thread=`blog-post-[[*id]]`
           &notifyEmails=`[email protected]`
           &moderate=`1`
           &moderatorGroup=`Moderators`
           &closeAfter=`30`
           &recaptcha=`1`
    ]]

Yet the recaptcha doesn’t seem to want to display. Yes I have logged out and cleared my cookies.
    Here’s the site in question so you may further examine the code (please don’t spam it wink): http://saskatoonaikido.ca/index.php?id=11#comments
      • 28 Posts
      nobody? :’(
        • 4,149 Posts
        reCaptcha wont show if you’re logged into the front-end. Are you?

Does removing the &moderate property do anything? Any errors in core/cache/logs/error.log?
          shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
          • 28 Posts
          No I’m aware of that and I wasn’t logged in when I tested it. You may see for yourself at the link.
          Nothing happened when I removed the &moderate property.
          The error.log file is 6mB in size and full of text I cannot comprehend undecided

P.S. I followed your tutorial for making the blog found here: http://rtfm.modx.com/display/revolution20/Creating+a+Blog+in+MODx+Revolution
            • 95 Posts
            stenzor have you managed to get recaptcha working with Quip. I followed the same tutorial and cannot get recaptcha to display even when logged out.
              • 1,572 Posts
              not sure about stenzor but I haven’t got it working yet, tried looking at it i IE, Safari and Opera which I dont access the manager with and logging out of ff.

I’m sure Shaun will come up with a fix for this when he gets time, in the mean time my environment is as follows:

Modx version Revo 2.5
              Install traditional
              Server os Linux
              is pdo_mysql installed Yes
              your Browser type and version FF latest version
              Apache version 2.2.17
              PHP version 5.2.16
              MySQL version 5.0.91-community-log
              Perl version 5.8.8
              cPanel Pro 1.0 (RC1)
              No Errors is the logs

Thanks
                • 28 Posts
                nope, I haven’t gotten it working yet. But I’m glad I’m not the only one with the problem!
                  • 95 Posts
                  Thanks paulp and stenzor, if it was just me with the problem I would be concerned.

I can’t fault the developers for not addressing immediately; they are doing an incredible job at the moment.
                    • 28 Posts
                    Any updates on this issue?
                      • 35 Posts
                      I couldn’t get this to work either. The only way I managed to get round was to set &disableRecaptchaWhenLoggedIn=`1`
                      In the quipreply snippet the variable $hasAuth seemed to be true whether I was logged in or not.