We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 55 Posts
    I try to "misuse" Quip as a guestbook. It’s just the simple approach to use Quip unthreaded on a single page.

My problem is - among that everyone can delete any post - that there is no recaptcha form displayed on entering a message. reCaptcha is working on a formIt call, though.

my Quip call is this:
    [[!Quip? 
      &thread=`guestbook` 
      &threading=`0` 
      &closeAfter=`0` 
      &limit=`5` 
      &gravatarIcon=`wavatar`
      &tplPagination=`QuipPaginationTpl`
    ]]
    <br />
    [[!QuipReply? 
      &thread=`guestbook` 
      &recaptcha=`1`
      &dateFormat=`%d. %b %Y, %H:%M`
      &gravatarIcon=`wavatar`
    ]] 
      • 116 Posts
      Did you set your recaptcha keys in the system settings of Quip?
        • 55 Posts
        Quote from: Wanze at Dec 20, 2010, 02:13 PM

Did you set your recaptcha keys in the system settings of Quip?

Yep. I set recaptcha.* with the same values of formit.recaptcha*...
        • When you say that anyone can delete any post, did you check that while being logged out of the manager?

Revolution sessions carry through the entire browser, including different browser windows, so if you want to test public permissions you will need to either logout or use a different browser (eg Opera or Chrome).

I think it wont show a recaptcha for admin users, so perhaps if my above guess was right, this also solves that problem.
            Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
            • 15 Posts
            Hi! The recaptcha is don't displaying on the page, can you give an advise what i have to do?
            In general properties of QuipReply recaptcha set to "true".
            Snippet call :
            [[!Quip? &thread=`post-[[*id]]`
            &replyResourceId=`[[*id]]`
            &tplCommentOptions=`commentOptions`
            &removeThreshold=`0`]]
            [[!QuipReply? &thread=`post-[[*id]]`
            &tplAddComment=`comment`
            &recaptcha=`1` ]]
            Modx version MODX Revolution 2.1.3-pl (traditional) .
              • 38 Posts
              You should add &disableRecaptchaWhenLoggedIn=`1` or &disableRecaptchaWhenLoggedIn=`0` to your QuipReply call.