We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,118 Posts
    Hi guys,

Can anyone let me know where and how to set a custom Template for the auto-generated emails that QUIP creates when users add comments? Cant seem to find this in the documentation anywhere?

Thanks

dubbs.
      • 1,118 Posts
      P.S. These are the templates I am looking for:

Hello **USERNAME**,

Your comment has been approved. You can view it here:

http://www.blog.com/blog/christmas-is-nearly-here!.html#qcom11

Thanks,
      Quip

And

Hello,

A new comment by **USERNAME** has been posted at:

http://www.blog.com/blog/christmas-is-nearly-here!.html#qcom11

----------------------------------------------------

**USERNAME**

----------------------------------------------------

This is an automated email. Please do not reply directly. The comment’s ID is: 11 on the thread "blog-post-154".

Thanks,
      Quip

• 1,118 Posts
        For those interested in doing this themselves - I can not find any templates that would can amend with a new Chunk within the manager so I had to hack the core code. You can do this by amending this file
        core/components/quip/lexicon/en/emails.inc.php
        and add in what ever you want for the content of the emails that are sent by Quip.

Shaun - Can we add this as a feature request for the next version that you can amend these in a custom Chunk Tpl rather than hacking the core code? Let me know how I should add this feature request.

Cheers,

dubbs.
          • 1,118 Posts
          Shaun, have posted a comment about this on Git for Quip - https://github.com/splittingred/Quip/issues/issue/37
            • 212 Posts
            Is it still necessary to hack the core code to alter the the autogenerated emails? Does anybody know this?
              • 94 Posts
              I like to know this as well, quite inconvenient still.
                • 14 Posts
                it looks like it is still necessary, unless i missed something somewhere
                  • 50 Posts
                  I also have this problem when enable comments in Articles. After playing around, I change the name of the snippet from "Quip" to "What Ever You Want", I got what I'm looking for. So everything in the auto generated emails will be change to "What Ever You Want".

Don't know if it's a good solution, but works for me.
                    • 712 Posts
                    Oh man, when you have to hack the core of an addon to make markup changes I start getting Wordpress flashbacks. Anyone know if email templates are on the Quip Roadmap?
                      jpdevries
                      • 712 Posts
                      I'm getting broken links to view comments on the 'Your Comment Has Been Approved' email. Just links to something like #qcom4. It's as if the associated page URL is not included.
                        jpdevries