We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • [tt]Console running...
    Package found...now preparing to install.
    Grabbing package workspace...
    Created table`revo_categories_closure` SQL: CREATE TABLE `revo_categories_closure` (`ancestor` INT(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT ’0’,`descendant` INT(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT ’0’,`depth` INT(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT ’0’, PRIMARY KEY (`ancestor`,`descendant`)) TYPE=MyISAM
    Successfully installed package quip-0.5.1-pl
    Error 42S02 executing statement: INSERT INTO `revo_categories_closure` (`ancestor`, `descendant`, `depth`) VALUES (’1’, ’1’, ’0’) Array ( [0] => 42S02 [1] => 1146 [2] => Table ’deb30551n2_modx.revo_categories_closure’ doesn’t exist )
    An error occurred while trying to cache lexicon/en/quip/default (lexicon/language/namespace/topic)
    Language string not found: "quip"
    Language string not found: "quip_desc"
    Workspace environment initiated, now installing package...
    Attempting to install package with signature: quip-0.5.1-pl
    Language string not found: "quip_desc"[/tt]

Only now starting up my blog, so have not yet tried if it works nevertheless, but I’m not sure if it should return an error while installing rolleyes

PHP 5.2.13, MySQL 5.0.90-community, Revolution RC 2, Quip 1.5.1PL installed via Package Manager.

Nevertheless it seems to have added data to the table. See attachment.
      Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
    • Are you running RC2? That table should definitely exist if you upgraded to RC2 properly.
      • It’s a fresh install.

When I got the error I checked out PhpMyAdmin to see if the table existed and it did... There’s two rows in that table, 1-1-0 and 0-1-0 (ancestor, descendant, depth)
          Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
        • I don’t know how the table did not exist if it was a new RC2 install. Regardless, if it does exist, ignore the errors and move on?
            • 13 Posts
            I just did a fresh install of 2.0.0pl.

The first thing I noticed was that the package installer is almost entirely broken in IE8, normal and compatibiltiy mode, in spite of the fact the the ext-all.js "invalid argument" error was reported and allegedly fixed in one of your bug reports. Works fine in FF though...

Having moved on using FF to attempt an install of the sample site, I get EXACTLY the same errors in the console report as above. The categories_closure table DOES [now] exist, though the subsequent error would suggest otherwise, and begs the question: "Did the data make it into the table?" If not, there might be problems down the line, no?

In addition, I had a second table error relating to ’access’ or something. I can’t remember what it was because sodding IE8 wanted to refresh the page before allowing me to download the output file I asked for, and it was too late to copy and paste. There may have been a lexicon related error as well, I can’t remember.

Either way, it does finally claim to have installed it successfully, but there was at least one table it wanted to make which still doesn’t exist (the ’access’ related one, whatever it was) so I’m fairly sure something will turn out to be screwed. I might reinstall the whole thing to properly report the errors, and confirm it’s a consistent problem.
              • 4,149 Posts
              The category closure table issue is not an issue; it affects nothing and your install will behave as normal. Thanks guys.
                shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
                • 13 Posts
                I’ve just realised that I’m getting a similar error to the other guy because Quip is being installed as part of the sample site package, which is why I got a couple of other errors that he didn’t. As such, I apologies for effectivel hijacking this thread, but I’d like to make sure all the following is acceptable.

Upon my second clean install (dropped all the tables, deleted all the files and started from scratch) I got SLIGHTLY different output. Fewer errors actually, which is a little unnerving actually:

Console running...
                [i][b]Error 42S02 executing statement: INSERT INTO `balsam_modx_categories_closure` (`ancestor`, `descendant`, `depth`) VALUES ('1', '1', '0') Array ( [0] => 42S02 [1] => 1146 [2] => Table 'link2mysql3.balsam_modx_categories_closure' doesn't exist )[/b][/i]
                Workspace environment initiated, now installing package...
                Created table`balsam_modx_categories_closure` SQL: CREATE TABLE `balsam_modx_categories_closure` (`ancestor` INT(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',`descendant` INT(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',`depth` INT(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', PRIMARY KEY (`ancestor`,`descendant`)) TYPE=MyISAM
                Grabbing package workspace...
                Package found...now preparing to install.
                Attempting to install package with signature: modxss-1.0-beta1
                [i][b]Language string not found: "quip"
                Language string not found: "quip_desc"
                An error occurred while trying to cache lexicon/en/quip/default (lexicon/language/namespace/topic)
                Language string not found: "quip_desc"[/b][/i]
                Successfully installed package modxss-1.0-beta1

My concern here is that actually the errors are a little backwards. This time it tried to insert the data into the table, which subsequently didn’t exist, ad then wentto create it. This looks much better because it seems like it realised the table wasn’t there and then made it, contrary to last time.

But there are still lexicon errors which look odd. Though for some reason I’m inclined to believe that this will work now. I’m positive I had at least one other table failure last time, which resultedin an actual missing table.

Anything to be concerned about here?

Cheers very much indeed.
                  • 4,149 Posts
                  Nope. Unless it’s red, don’t worry.
                    shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com