We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 15 Posts
    My properties under the QuipReply Snippet all disappeared, except for 3 of them. I had created a new property set that I was using, but it dwindled to 3 properties. The Default Property Set was reduced to 6 entries all with the letter "t" in the "name" and "value" field, and no data in the other fields.

Why did these properties disappear? They were installed fine.

How should I restore this with the smallest amount of changes to my system?

Can I reinstall the Quip package without it destroying any data?

I am using Quip 0.5.1-rc1 on MODx rc-2.
      • 4,149 Posts
      Not sure why your property set changed; if you were editing the default properties, then of course they would be erased on upgrades - but not any properties you had in a property set. Strange.

You should be able to reinstall without any issues, yes.
        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
        • 24,544 Posts
        Could you take a look at the modx_property_set table with PhpMyAdmin?

The properties (in the properties field) should look something like this:

a:2:{s:5:"Prop1";a:5:{s:4:"name";s:5:"Prop1";s:4:"desc";s:0:"";s:4:"type";s:9:"textfield";s:7:"options";a:0:{}s:5:"value";s:59:"This is the overriddeden Prop1 from my second property set.";}s:5:"Prop4";a:5:{s:4:"name";s:5:"Prop4";s:4:"desc";s:0:"";s:4:"type";s:9:"textfield";s:7:"options";a:0:{}s:5:"value";s:56:"This is Prop4, a new property in my second property set.";}}

It you don’t see your entries there, that table has been corrupted somehow.
          Did I help you? Buy me a beer
          Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
          MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
          My MODX Extras
          Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting