We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 5 Posts
    Does anyone have a list of [[quip]] or [[quipreply]] placeholders or know how I can find out what they are so that I can use my own chunks for a custom layout?

Anyone know how to make "Notify of New" actually work? I’m no programmer but do people have to be logged in for this function?

The other issue is that quip does not seem to be sending out any emails at all.

I have tried:

notifyEmails

.. and ..

quip.emailsFrom, quip.emailsTo, quip.emailsReplyTo

These last three I have tried inside my quip and/or quipreply tags as well as having them set in the namespace.

I’m simply at a loss on how to get quip to send any emails at all or notify people when new replies are added.

Can anyone help me out?
      • 5 Posts
      ok i actually found the chunks.

Don’t know why I didn’t think to look in /core/components/ before but that’s where the default chunks are.

I still am not sure why its not sending out emails. I know the system smtp settings are working though because I am using formit and that is sending out emails just fine.

I also am still not sure how the "notify" thing works but I guess at the very least I can now remove it from my custom chunks so people wont think they are going to get notified for every post.

I have to admit, getting any kind of blog into modx has been a major hassle and difficult to do. It’s pushing me in the direction of wordpress.