We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 659 Posts
    Hello all

I did a fresh install from SVN on a very fresh install of WAMP on Vista.

All Revo works fine, I can download and install most of the add-ons using package management. (Wayfinder, breadcrumbs, ultimateparent, formit, getresource etc) all works fine.

When I download Quip v.0.3 rc1 dowload works fine, but not the installation process. I get this message in the console output

Console running...
    Attempting to install package with signature: quip-0.3-rc1
    Package found...now preparing to install.
    Grabbing package workspace...
    Workspace environment initiated, now installing package...
    Language string not found: "quip"
    Language string not found: "quip_desc"
    An error occurred while trying to cache lexicon/en/quip/default (lexicon/language/namespace/topic)
    Language string not found: "quip"
    Language string not found: "quip_desc"
    Could not create table `modx_quip_comments` SQL: CREATE TABLE `modx_quip_comments` (`id` INTEGER unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,`thread` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',`parent` INTEGER(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',`author` INTEGER(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',`body` TEXT NOT NULL,`createdon` DATETIME NOT NULL,`editedon` DATETIME NOT NULL,`approved` TINYINT(1) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '1',`approvedon` DATETIME NOT NULL,`name` VARCHAR NOT NULL DEFAULT '',`email` VARCHAR NOT NULL DEFAULT '',`website` VARCHAR NOT NULL DEFAULT '', PRIMARY KEY (`id`), INDEX `thread` (`thread`), INDEX `parent` (`parent`), INDEX `author` (`author`), INDEX `approved` (`approved`)) TYPE=MyISAM ERROR: Array ( [0] => 42000 [1] => 1064 [2] => You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'NOT NULL DEFAULT '',`email` VARCHAR NOT NULL DEFAULT '',`website` VARCHAR NOT NU' at line 1 )
    [color=blue]Successfully installed package quip-0.3-rc1[/color]

Then, quip is displayed as "installed" but the table "quip_comments" is not created in the DB... and I can create all the table I want in this DB. The message says "You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ’NOT NULL DEFAULT ’’,`email` VARCHAR NOT NULL DEFAULT ’’,`website` VARCHAR NOT NU’ at line 1".

Configuration :
    WindowsVista
    Wamp 2.0.i
    PHP 5.3.1
    Apache 2.2.11
    MySQL 5.1.41
    MySQLClient mysqlnd 5.0.5-dev - 081106 - $Revision: 289630 $

All privileges and grant on the DB...

Something to do ? Thanks
    Cheers
      • 4,149 Posts
      splittingred Reply #2, 14 years ago
      This doesn’t make sense - the precision field isn’t being generated. It should be, no problem - and does on my env.

Can you paste here: http://pastie.org/ the contents of this file:

core/components/quip/model/quip/mysql/quipcomment.map.inc.php

Thanks.
        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
        • 659 Posts
        done !

http://pastie.org/864945

If any problem i can attach the file here.
        Thanks
        Cheers
          • 4,149 Posts
          splittingred Reply #4, 14 years ago
          I’ve released a new version that should fix that problem:

http://modxcms.com/extras/package/538
            shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
            • 659 Posts
            Hello Shaun,

Thanks for this new version I’ll try it later in the week-end... What is your recommandation :

In package manager should I:
            a) right click on "Quip" and then "reinstall"
            b) update
            c) remove (force removal), download the new version and install...

Thanks again for your quick fix.
            Cheers
              • 4,149 Posts
              splittingred Reply #6, 14 years ago
              Right click on the package, click "Check for Updates", and update to the new version. Install.