We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 81 Posts
    I have a page set with permissions for a user to use QuickEdit and the page they will be editing will be public. All works GREAT (Big Thumbs Up To MODx), but is there anyway to delete or redirect the Manager button in the QuickEdit drop down??? No matter how I reset the user permissions it still allows them into the manager and access to the site tree where they could possibly edit a main page. Everything else is blocked, Templates, etc.

Thank you,
    bauhaus9
      • 24,544 Posts
      Have you tested it from another browser? If you’re logged into the Manager and previewing, you’ll have rights to the manager.

If the user is not a member of a Manager User group (only a Web User group), he or she shouldn’t have any access to the Manager.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 2,314 Posts
        QuickEdit & Quick Manager are only available to manager users, so no matter how you set them up, they could access the manager by typing "manager" at the URL anyway
          • 81 Posts
          Quote from: sharkbait at Jul 06, 2010, 04:04 AM

QuickEdit & Quick Manager are only available to manager users, so no matter how you set them up, they could access the manager by typing "manager" at the URL anyway

Thank you both for the response.

I would love to just be able to remove the Manager button even if they still could type manager and get access. It just seems less of a temptation with the button out of the way, but if I have to live with it this way I will.

Bob, yes I’ve tested it from another browser with the same results.
          From what I’ve read on this subject the person changing information on this page would have to be a member of a Manager group to make changes, also the page is public.

Perhaps the creator of this plug-in could add the ability to check to remove the button
          on the QuickEdit drop down and / or maybe add a line (input box) to send the the manager of a page who types in or clicks edit to a specific url. Which in this case I would just send them right back to the only page I want them to have management power over.

Maybe I’m asking for too much.

Thank you,
          bauhaus9
            • 2,314 Posts
            Perhaps the creator of this plug-in could add the ability to check to remove the button
            Quick Manager that comes with Evo 1.0.4 got a setting under -> Elements -> manage Elements -> plugins -> Quick Manager+ -> Configuration -> "Show go to manager button" -> false
              • 81 Posts
              Quote from: sharkbait at Jul 06, 2010, 09:10 AM

Quick Manager that comes with Evo 1.0.4 got a setting under -> Elements -> manage Elements -> plugins -> Quick Manager+ -> Configuration -> "Show go to manager button" -> false

Just what I was looking for and missing by a mile!
              Thank you very much for the information.
              The less client confusion the better.

I really appreciate the help I’ve been given on this forum.
              bauhaus9