We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 654 Posts
    For a client that needed to be able to edit a table’s cell values on the frontend, a colleague found Quickedit to work fine, with the table embedded in a chunk that was called by a document.

A new client needs the same functionality. But she was hoping to use the Evo release of MODx rather than 0.9.6.3. In fact this is just about the last thing that needs to be done on the site and the rest of it is already in Evo.

The replacement for QuickEdit (Edit Resource) doesn’t seem to be able to deal with this. Am I correct on that? What alternatives would anyone suggest? Has anyone managed to take the older QuickEdit code and get it to work in Evo? If so, could I be given some pointers on how to pull that off?

UPDATE : it looks like I may have gotten this wrong. Editing of the chunk wasn’t being done on the front-end - a table that was the content for a document was. From what I’ve read on TinyMCE it looks like enabling the table plugin may help in the case of a table that is inserted into a document.

Thanks in advance,
    Matt