We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    Hi,

I’ve got an install of modx 0.9.6.3 @ http://www.luxephilly.com/is/ We’re using quickedit tags on each one of those images, to provide the editor with a really easy way to maintain the site.

I installed the CMS, then after install switched PHP to ver 5. Let me explain my issues in both.

Current PHP build : 5.2.2
    Orig. PHP build : 4.4.7
    MySQL : 5.0.45

In PHP 4 QE worked fine, but we’d have issues with the swf being used as a navbar not functioning from time to time, the rollover would work, but the actual clicks would not make it through. Completely random, hard to reproduce.

In PHP5 there’s a few issues. The QE becomes completely sporadic. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. There are times when the inline elements won’t render and the quickedit bar will. And vice-versa. However, in PHP5 we’ve never had the SWF issue. The only other thing that’s tagging onto the PHP 5, is that when logging into the manager, it often takes 3 or 4 hits on the login button before it will let you into the backend, but once in.. It won’t log you out prematurely.

And as an issue in both, periodically the images will have a blue line below them.

So, any help on where to start here?
    Thanks in advance

EDIT: If it helps. I just noticed that while looking at the inline site preview of the pages while in the backend the quickedit links are always visible. So, if I had to bet money on where the bug is rooted, I’d bet it has something to do with the login/auth issues. I’m gonna dig into them later and I’ll re-edit if I find anything fishy.