We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 31 Posts
    I have created a Role called Content Editor. When I log in as a user who’s assigned to that role, I have TinyMCE in the Manager, but I do not have TinyMCE in QuickEdit in the front end. All I see there is the HTML code in a text window, with options to Apply / Revert / Close.

When I log in as an admin, I have TinyMCE in both the Manager and in QuickEdit in the front end, so I am wondering if I have not set the proper permissions for the Content Editor Role.

I have the following permissions set for the Role:

General: all enabled except change and save password (but I can’t see where that would affect this)

Content Management: all enabled except "Permanently purge deleted documents"

Module Management: all disabled except "Run Module"

Nothing else is enabled. Do I need to enable something else, maybe?

The only other thing I can think of at the moment that could possibly be related is that in order to get TinyMCE to load in the Manager for the Content Editor user after clicking on "Edit" a document, I have to do a page refresh. Otherwise I only see the HTML code in a text entry area. (Again, this is in the Content Editor Role; TinyMCE loads automatically - albeit with a slight delay - when I’m logged in as an admin.)

Update - after typing all of this, I decided to see what happened when I assigned that user the Role of Admin - same thing... I have the TinyMCE editor in Manager, but not in QuickEdit in the FrontEnd. All I see in QuickEdit is the HTML in a text window, same as when the user was assigned the role of Content Manager. So I guess it’s not permissions, and I’m more confused than ever. grin

• 956 Posts
      as the main admin, go into modules > quickedit and check the user groups who are supposed to have access to it. maybe that checkbox is unticked?
        • 31 Posts
        Quote from: ganeshXL at Apr 09, 2009, 01:50 PM

as the main admin, go into modules > quickedit and check the user groups who are supposed to have access to it. maybe that checkbox is unticked?

Hi there, thanks for your response. I don’t see a checkbox under Modules / Quickedit; I only have the QuickEdit Documentation there.

But as a further update, upon messing about with this more today, I don’t think it’s QuickEdit or TinyMCE... I think it’s a browser thing (Safari), and I think it has to do with having to do a page refresh in order to get TinyMCE to show up in the Manager. Why I didn’t think to do this last night I don’t know, but having tried both users (default admin account and the new account with Content Editor Role) in Firefox today, they both get the TinyMCE editor in the Manager and in QuickEdit in the front end.

And I also figured out how to make the QuickEdit window reload* in Safari, which resulted in the TinyMCE editor appearing after the reload - exactly like it does in Manager.

So it’s a browser thing... sorry to waste your time, but thank you again for your response.

*Note to self: keyboard shortcuts are my friend, especially CMD-R. A little sleep possibly might help, too.