We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Hello,

I use NewsPublisher to create blogs on my website, but I’m wondering if it’s possible to add another form to it to use in the blog.

The idea was to add a link to the full story of the blog to a forum topic for futher discussion (I got a forum ’’integrated’’ into the website, so instead of having them register twice, users will be pointed to the forum if they want to discuss news).

Can this be done, and if so, how would I do that?

Markie

PS: Some of the chunks/ calls I use now - don’t know if it’s useful but it wont hurt seeing them? tongue

Chunk Publisher:
    [!NewsPublisher? &folder=`1` &footertpl=`CommentsBlog` &makefolder=`1`!]

Chunk BlogTemplate:
    <h3>
    	<a href="[~[+id+]~]" title="[+title+]">[+title+]</a>
    </h3> <!-- link to blogs article with it's title (link is title) -->

By <strong>[+author+]</strong> on [+date+]. <br />
    [+summary+]
    <br />
    <strong>[+link+]</strong>

Ditto Call:
    [!Ditto? &parents=`1` &summarize=`2` &total=`20` &commentsChunk=`CommentsBlog` &tpl=`BlogTemplate` &extenders=`summary`!] 

I got most of these calls of a tutorial, but removed the comments (Jot) from the blogtemplate as I want them to post on the forums instead... only now noticed the chunk still exists in the call.. will remove from there too.
      Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.