We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 5 Posts
    Hello,

I’ve got a bit of a problem with QuickEdit not displaying properly when it’s more than one sub-folder down the tree using friendly alias paths.

For example, if I’m on mysite.co.uk/news, it displays fine.

But if I go one layer down, to mysite.co.uk/news/news-item-title, I get this: http://i31.tinypic.com/24zm7ab.png

As you can see, it pushes the whole site down and none of the links work. I can only assume that it can’t find the module CSS or some other dependency when it’s more than one layer in, because I’ve chosen not to have .html at the end of aliases. This seems a bit rudimentary, so I’m sure I’m doing something very basic wrong--can anyone help? I’m using MODx 0.9.6.1p2.
    • Add this to your document head above anything that calls anything on the filesystem:
      <base href="[(site_url)]"></base>
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 5 Posts
        Sorry it’s taken so long to reply, but I’d just like to say a huge thanks for your quick response and solution. It worked first time.

Cheers
        Andy