We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 26 Posts
    Hello,
    was using ModX 0.9.6.1p2 and deleted the Quick Edit module, as I didn’t use it. And now I get an error:

« MODx Parse Error »
    MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
    « PHP Parse Error »

PHP error debug
    Error: output(/home/jaukioserd/domains/jaukioserdves.lt/public_html//home/jaukioserd/domains/jaukioserdves.lt/public_html/assets/modules/quick_edit/lang/english.inc.php) [function.output]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
    Error type/ Nr.: Warning - 2
    File: /home/jaukioserd/domains/jaukioserdves.lt/public_html/assets/modules/quick_edit/output.class.inc.php
    Line: 54
    Line 54 source: include_once ($qe_eng_path);

Parser timing
    MySQL: 0.0009 s (3 Requests)
    PHP: 0.0059 s
    Total: 0.0068 s

Reinstalled QuickEdit, the actual file exists (english.inc.php). Reinstalled (upgraded) Modx, but still the same. Please, help! What should I do?
      MODx is great! Thanks for great work!

Portfolio, mostly MODx: dbdizainas.lt
      • 60 Posts
      Not an answer per se but some information I learnt.

When one reinstalls the system does not update files, it effectively looks and if the system file are ’up to date’ it doesn’t seem to do anything, except update the index.html page. There’s an option here missing, which would be upgrade {force reinstall} without overwriting user data. I ended up copying the sql data out, deleting the table set, reinstalling and then rewriting the data set by running the SQL. The install program won’t let you ’install’ if it detects the database already exists for example.

Regards
        • 956 Posts
        QE is not just a module, but a plugin as well. Check if you got it installed/configured properly in resources > manage resources > plugins.

Error: output(/home/jaukioserd/domains/jaukioserdves.lt/public_html//home/jaukioserd/domains/jaukioserdves.lt/public_html/assets/modules/quick_edit/lang/english.inc.php) [function.output]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

^ this basically tells you that it is using your base path twice - for whatever reason (2x /home/jaukioserd/domains/jaukioserdves.lt/public_html/)
          • 10 Posts
          in /assets/cache/siteCache.idx.php

on 4723 lin change value on:
          $p[’QuickEdit’] = ’’;

and on lines
          5069: // $e[’OnParseDocument’] = array(’QuickEdit’);
          5077: $e[’OnWebPagePrerender’] = array(’Search Highlighting’); // edit $e[’OnWebPagePrerender’] = array(’QuickEdit’,’Search Highlighting’);

it’s helps me

PS forgot u must foun in table site_modules id of quickeditor and remove rows form table site_plugins where pluginid = id of quickedit
            • 4,205 Posts
            You need to disable the module + the plug-in to disable QuickEdit.
              [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is.
              Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]
              • 10 Posts
              Yeah you right... it’s more simple solve problem )