We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 70 Posts
    Ok, so I have a working call, and a template that SHOULD work. I just copied the one out of NewsManager’s help file that came with it, but for some reason its just not sending data when all the forms all filled out...

Here’s my call:
    [!NewsEditor? &folder=`9` &formtpl=`BlogForm` &rtcontent=`BlogContent.tv` &rtsummary=`BlogSummary.tv`!]

The template: (I did shorten up, but it wasn’t working before that too, and I shouldn’t have deleted anything that I couldn’t have...
    <div>
    <form action="[~[*id*]~]" method="post" name="NewsPublisher">
    	<fieldset>
    	<h3>Publishing Details</h3>
    	<p>
    	Note: Leaving the Publish Date empty will immediately publish your blog entry.
    	</p>
    	<input name="NewsPublisherForm" type="hidden" value="on" />
    	<label for="pagetitle">Page title <abbr title="The title used on the browser window">?</abbr>: <input id="pagetitle" name="pagetitle" size="40" type="text" value="[+pagetitle+]" /></label>
    	<label for="longtitle">Headline <abbr title="The title used on the article">?</abbr>: <input id="longtitle" name="longtitle" size="40" type="text" value="[+longtitle+]" /></label>
    	</fieldset>

<h3>The Content</h3>
    	<label for="content">Content:[*BlogContent*]</label>
    	<h3>You're Done</h3>
    	<input class="button" name="send" type="submit" value="Blog it!" />
    </form>
    </div>

• 70 Posts
      Please help guys! I need to have this site done by Friday so I can present it on Sunday (can’t work on it on saturday or fri night).
        • 970 Posts
        Is your form really from NewsEditor’s help file ?
        In the help, I found these lines...
        <!-- These 2 hidden input fields must be present in any custom NewsEditor form. -->
          <input name="NewsEditorForm" type="hidden" value="on" />
          <input name="editid" type="hidden" value="[+editid+]" />
        <!-- End of mandatory fields. -->

But your form template doesn’t have these lines.
          • 70 Posts
          wow, hah. Thank you there, I must’ve accidentily deleted them (or forgot to have hightlighted that part when copy-pasting).

But now it’s saying my content is blank in a pop-up window after I click "Blog It"... I have the rtcontent set up right don’t I? My tv is called BlogContent, it’s RichText using the RichText widget, and that’s all I put in...That was all I needed for the TV isn’t it?

Edit: Ok, so now I realized that in puting in my TV, I took out the actual code for the input. I don’t know the code for the input exactly, and also how do I use that with a Rich-Text Editor widget so that my users can style their posts more?
            • 970 Posts
            &rtcontent=`BlogContent.tv` &rtsummary=`BlogSummary.tv`

might be
            &rtcontent=`tvBlogContent` &rtsummary=`tvBlogSummary`
              • 70 Posts
              wow...you were right about that. Thanks tfm wink But I do feel a little stupid now...hah