We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 7 Posts
    When you set ’Use friendly alias path’ to yes, the warning message states that alle paths to css and js have to be absolute. This easy to fix for my own template, but the QuickEdit module isn’t so easy to edit. Both js files and the css file belonging to QuickEdit use relative paths, so when you enable friendly alias path, quickedit stops working. Changing $mod_path to include the full url doesn’t change the links to the js and css files.

Of course it would be possible to edit the references to QuickEdit in alle the files of the module, but wouldn’t it be more logical to enable QuickEdit to use absolute urls?
    • If you add a base href to your document head (in your templates) you should be OK.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 47 Posts
        Quote from: rthrash at Nov 07, 2007, 04:06 PM

If you add a base href to your document head (in your templates) you should be OK.

Here is what he is talking about:
        <base href="[(site_url)]" />

Here is the Wiki article on this problem:
        http://wiki.modxcms.com/index.php/Making_QuickEdit_work_with_Friendly_URLs