We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2 Posts
    Hi Everyone in here.
    I have been using Modx for some time now but mostly blinded, due to the lack of experience in how to use and take full advantage of its capabilities.
    My first question of this forum is: in using Quickedit to modify content, how can I make that the CSS that the Quickedit generates whenever I add new text not to be inserted in the actual HTML, but in an external sheet ?

Right now my HTML looks something like this :
    <p style="color: #fb0317">
    <strong>Stuff to test</strong> 
    </p>
    <p>

</p>
    <p>
    Bla bla bla 123  
    </p>

When you have a website with 4 external css files, that each weight 400 lines it hurts you a bit when you see that Quickedit just outputs css rules into your html. So anyone has any idea ?

I would appreciate any thorough explanation on how to do it (if possible).
      • 47 Posts
      I don’t think that would be possible. If it is I would like to know as well. wink
      • Right now you’d need to hack the core. However since the only time you’ll see the inserted CSS is when you’re logged into the manager, it shouldn’t be a problem since validators and regular web surfers will never see that bit.
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me