We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 65 Posts
    i’ve got almost everything in my site working, but i have one lagging issue... some sort of quickedit conflict. instead of showing up as the pretty menu-bar style menu, it shows up as an list... but only on child-pages. parent pages show up correctly. both are using the same template... so i’m a bit confused.

i’ve attached a screen shot of a parent page when logged in to quickedit and one from a child page (both use the same template).

i’ve looked thru the "toolbar.css" in the quickedit module’s styles directory, and i don’t see anything that would obviously conflict with my site’s styles...

any ideas?

thanks!
      "A great democracy must be progressive, or soon it shall cease to be great, and soon it shall cease to be a democracy." -Theodore Roosevelt
    • Out of curiosity, what version of MODx are you running?

Also, do you have a base href defined in your document header?

<base href="[(site_url)]"></base>
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 65 Posts
        i am running the latest version of MODx (0.9.6).

however, i did not have the base href code you mentioned. i just now added it, and ZING! everything works!

ryan, your skills are mind-bending!

thanks!

-daniel
          "A great democracy must be progressive, or soon it shall cease to be great, and soon it shall cease to be a democracy." -Theodore Roosevelt
        • Don’t blame me, blame Jason (OpenGeek) ... he beat it into my thick skull enough so that it finally decided to become second nature. Using the site_url variable also makes it much easier to move from staging to production servers down the road (vs. hard coding the base href). Glad it’s working for you. smiley
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 65 Posts
            doh!

now it seems none of my relative paths work!

so i’m on, say, child-1.html inside a parent page. when i click on a link on child-1 to, say, "child-2.html" it used to know to go to domain.com/parent/child-2.html, but now it goes to domain.com/child-2.html.

i think this has to do with that site_url variable thing. any ideas how to make my friendly url’s friendly again without breaking quickedit?