We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 4 Posts
    Hi,

I’m using MODx .95 with friendly URLs/aliases etc.. enabled.

Surprisingly I couldn’t find this topic open before but I am having trouble seeing the dropdown menus for the QuickEdit module when I use IE7. I can see the toolbar but when I click on the content, settings or go menu nothing happens?

I have checked for some obvious causes like browser conditions in the css and javascript files but found nothing obvious sad

This however is not a problem on FF and IE6 - Thank you for helping in advance!

• 680 Posts
      Thanks for letting me know. At the moment I’m reworking QuickEdit to use MooPack instead of Prototype and Scriptaculous. I’ll definitely make sure that these changes are IE7 compatible before I roll them out.
        • 6 Posts
        Hello,

While waiting for new version of QuickEdit, I’ve just fix the problem in IE7 :

open toolbar.css in modules/quickedit/styles folder . Then remove the line "filter: alpha(opacity=80);" in #QE_Toolbar section, then remove the line "filter: alpha(opacity=100);" within #QE_Toolbar:hover, #QE_Toolbar:hover * section.

DropDown menu should work with IE7 now, and still works with Firefox and IE6. I don’t have safari neither opera but I guess it works as well.

David.
          • 4 Posts
          Hello David,

Thanks for the little fix in the meantime! I can confirm that the fix works for both FF and IE7.

Merry Christmas / Happy holidays! cool
            • 1,024 Posts
            That worked well. I allways wondered what the floating menu was for, wink
              • 2 Posts
              jeffreymakewebsite Reply #6, 17 years, 1 month ago
              Thank you thank you thank you!!! for this post... after 2 days of hell trying to make this work, I finally have the quickedit working with IE7 grin
                • 87 Posts
                Thanks - works great now.
                  • 1,024 Posts
                  Does anyone of the "coreteam" know about this problem? Is this reported as a bug? Should it?