We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 129 Posts
    So the quick background... Thought the deployment of my site was pushed 4 months out so I decided to upgrade to 9.5, in the middle my client called and told me they wanted the current version up by the end of the month so I deleted all of the 9.5 files, did a fresh install of 9.2.2 and over wrote with my backup of the assets directory.

Everything seemed to be working fine till I tried to make an edit of a TV value through QuickEdit.

Get the following error
    MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
    « Execution of a query to the database failed - Table 'falkicon_com_-_modx.newheights_modx_' doesn't exist »
          SQL: UPDATE newheights_modx_ SET editedon='',editedby='1163227413' WHERE id = '50'; 

falkicon_com_-_modx is the name of the database and newheights_modx_ is the name of the table prefix. It does not seem to be adding in the table name just database name and prefix. I have tried replacing all of the QuickEdit files from a fresh modx download but no go.

I also tried editing the TVs from the backend and they edit fine. They also populate fine from the front end (correct data is loaded into the edit field). I also tried creating a new TV and editing it and got the same error. Is there some kind of setting somewhere that could have gotten hosed?

Any ideas?
      "Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable."
      -- Sydney Harris
    • If you upgraded the database to 0.9.5, you cannot then downgrade to 0.9.2.x without restoring the database from before the 0.9.5 upgrade. 0.9.2.x does not include downgrade scripts from future versions...
        • 129 Posts
        Quote from: OpenGeek at Nov 11, 2006, 06:14 PM

If you upgraded the database to 0.9.5, you cannot then downgrade to 0.9.2.x without restoring the database from before the 0.9.5 upgrade. 0.9.2.x does not include downgrade scripts from future versions...

I don’t think I actually ran the installer, just uploaded the files then deleted them and reinstalled the old. But... I did more than one install that night and I suppose I MAY have. Is the problem I described trademark of 9.2.2 on a 9.5 install? Is there a way for me to check my database version? I am almost certain the installer was never run.
          "Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable."
          -- Sydney Harris
          • 4,213 Posts

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."