We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 50 Posts
    I made the changes listed in the online documentation for YAMS + Jot as well as (I think) for Ditto. For each blog entry, I use this call to create the comments/comment form:

[!Jot? &tagid=`(yams_id)` &moderated=`1` &canmoderate=`` &captcha=`0` &tplComments=`comment-item` &tplForm=`comment-form_(yams_id)` &notify=`1` &guestname=`guest` &customfields=`name,location` &placeholders=`1` &output=`0`!]

That seems to be working fine and dandy. People can add comments, the moderation is working normally, and comments stay specific to the language they were added in.

However on my main blog page, where I present summaries of each entry, I use a simple Jot call in the template to count the number of comments, and that refuses to change from 0. Here’s the Jot call for that (it’s inside an non-cacheable Ditto call):

[[Jot? &action=`count-comments` &docid=`[+id+]` &tagid=`(yams_id)`]]

Any idea what I’m doing wrong? I’m hoping to have the site on a testing server tomorrow, so I’ll be able to present a live example soon. I believe it worked before, but maybe something else is tripping it up.