We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!

Jot

• 2 Posts
    melaniegosling Reply #1, 14 years ago
    Hi
    I’m completely new to MODx and am just trying to find my way around. I’m following the Wiki tutorial to create a blog using the Jot snippet.

I’ve used the following code and have managed to find the .css file and .html templates in order to modify the form.

If I open the chunk.moderate.inc.html template and change, for example, the text ’Moderation:’ that appears on the page in the browser it works OK. However, if I do the same with chunk.form.inc.html template and change, for example, the text ’Comment:’ then no changes appear to be made. I’ve tried changing other things in this file too but no changes take effect. As I say I’m new to MODx and could be completely wrong, but it appears that it isn’t using the chunk.form.inc.html template.

[[Jot? &placeholders=`1` &output=`0` &pagination=`10` &captcha=`1` &canmoderate=`Jot Moderators` &badwords=`{{myBadwordList}}` &bw=`1`]]
    [+jot.html.form+]
    [+jot.html.comments+]
    [+jot.html.moderate+]
    [+jot.html.navigation+]

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Melanie