We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 40 Posts
    I upgraded to the MODx 1.0.3. Now when I open my page that uses the jot snippet, I get the following error.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting T_VARIABLE or ’$’ in /home/lakesidevet/yoursivet.com/assets/snippets/jot/jot.class.inc.php on line 141

Does anyone know what could be causing this or how I can fix it?

I tried downloading Jot and installing it again, but got the same results.
      • 1,572 Posts
      When you say you installed it again did you copy the snippet text into the snippet in the manager ??

Also what did you upgrade from and what’s your jot call ??
        • 40 Posts
        I did copy the text into the snippet, and just to be sure, I did it again, but with the same results. The error makes it seem like it’s from the include file that was uploaded to server. However, I reloaded that too. sad

I upgraded from 1.0

Here is my Jot call
        [[Jot? &captcha=`1` &customfields=`name,email` &validate=`name:Please enter your name,email:Please enter a valid e-mail address.:email` &pagination=`0` &placeholders=`1` &output=`0` &badwords=`{{badwords}}` &bw=`1`]]
        <h4> Comments</h4>
        [+jot.html.comments+]
        [+jot.html.navigation+]
        [+jot.html.form+]

This is probably not related, but after the install I got this message under Home/Configuration. I was going to address this in another post since I don’t know what to do about it.

One or more configuration details didn’t check out OK

Configuration warning: ’GD and/or Zip PHP extensions not found’

What does this mean?
        MODx needs the GD and Zip extension enabled for PHP. While MODx will work without them, you will not be able to take full advantage of the built-in File Manager, Image Editor or Captcha for logins.

• 40 Posts
          I fixed it. It was actually the jot.class.inc.php file. For some reason the entire file wasn’t uploading. I have been having some trouble with uploading to my server.