We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 79 Posts
    For the life of me I can’t figure out why Jot is refusing to accept my css parameters. This is my call

[[Jot? &customfields=`name,email,location,website` &placeholders=`1` &output=`0` &css=`0` &numdir=`0` &tplComments=`comment` &tplForm=`sacuda-comment-form` &tplNav=`sacuda-comments-nav` &tplModerate=`sacuda-comments-mod` &validate=`name:You must enter a name to leave a comment.,content:You forgot to enter a comment!,email:Please enter a valid e-mail address.:email`]]

The &css parameter has no effect the default sheet is always linked. If I add &cssFile, rather than removing the default it adds a second style sheet. Also the following have no effect:
    &cssRowAlt
    &cssRowMe
    &cssRowAuthor

All of the other parameters seem to be working fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    • This parameter works well (i tested it).
      I think output is cached and changes does not effect. clear cache....
        God loves me. 【ツ】

MODX.ir (Persian Support)

Boplo.ir/modx/ (Persian)
        • 79 Posts
        That’s what I thought, I tried to clear the cache and to run the call un-cached, the page un-cached etc. Nothing. I had to hack the snippit to remove the link to the default CSS file.

Actually it was stranger than that, if I change the path to the default CSS it was adding a second CSS link not changing the first and so on.
          • 217 Posts
          Quote from: suburbiaboy at Feb 20, 2009, 02:20 PM

That’s what I thought, I tried to clear the cache and to run the call un-cached, the page un-cached etc. Nothing. I had to hack the snippit to remove the link to the default CSS file.

Actually it was stranger than that, if I change the path to the default CSS it was adding a second CSS link not changing the first and so on.

I’m having the exact same problem huh
            • 38 Posts
            In Evo 1.0.2 the default jot css is present on every page and I don’t even have any calls to jot.
              • 2,877 Posts
              To definitely turn it off!

1.use &css=`0`
              2.edit the snippet:
              // $Jot->Set("css", $css);
              $Jot->Set("css", 0);

3. Edit jot.class.inc.php
              // $this->config["css"]["include"] = !is_null($this->Get("css")) ? intval($this->Get("css")) : 1;
              $this->config["css"]["include"] = !is_null($this->Get("css")) ? intval($this->Get("css")) : 0;

...then add CSS somewhere else.
                @hawproductions | http://mrhaw.com/

Infograph: MODX Advanced Install in 7 steps:
                http://forums.modx.com/thread/96954/infograph-modx-advanced-install-in-7-steps

Recap: Portland, OR (PDX) MODX CMS Meetup, Oct 6, 2015. US Bancorp Tower
                http://mrhaw.com/modx_portland_oregon_pdx_modx_cms_meetup_oct_2015_us_bancorp_tower
                • 23 Posts
                Same problem here.

Step 2 (editing it directly in the snippet) did the trick.

So it seems to me that somewhere the value of &css is lost.

Tnx
                Gino