New Community Forums are coming. Watch this space for news.
Subscribe: RSS
  • Hi all,

    I’m just testing the Jot snippet, and I wanted to change the &validate parameter. But suddenly it didn’t work anymore and I found out that the "Umlaut" (German characters - ä, ö and ü) has bugged modx. However, I’ve changed it from ü to ue and then it worked well. But nevertheless it would be cool if the characters would work.
    • I can confirm this. Wanted to output "Sie haben keine gültige E-Mail-Adresse eingegeben" ended in "Sie haben keine". I now use "echte" instead of "gültige", although the meaning differs slightly.

      Martin
      • German umlauts do not harm modx provided that you are using utf-8 encoding for your site and utf-8 character set for connections with your database. I’ve added your phrase "Sie haben keine gültige E-Mail-Adresse eingegeben" to my validation clause in Jot and it was working fine. I guess that your umlaut might have been entered as html entity ü but entities cannot be entered while passing parameters because starting ampersand is conflicting with character marking the parameter itself -> &validate=`...ü...`.
        • I have the same problem, only with danish characters, æ ø å. It works when i use HTML entities! But since the entire Jot snippet has not been translated into danish, i have to change the code directly. I am editing: "chunk.form.inc.html".

          Trying to change:

          <li>Required fields are marked with <b>*</b>.</li>


          This works:

          <li>Påkrævede felter er markeret med: <b>*</b>.</li>


          This does NOT work:

          <li>Påkrævede felter er markeret med: <b>*</b>.</li>


          It takes forever if i have to change every piece of text like this, because øåæ is quite common in danish.
          I am using UTF-8 from within MODx!
          • Quote from: ScreamerMM at Oct 16, 2009, 09:03 AM

            <li>Påkrævede felter er markeret med: <b>*</b>.</li>


            I got same problem with ä,ö. I tried use html entities, like &auml;(ä) but it didn’t work for me. I’m using UTF-8, but not sure about my db connection type.
            • Fixed
              Work for version Jot 1.1.4
              In file ’includes/jot.install.db.sql’ you need add "DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8" to every create table statement, and DROP TABLE `jot_content`, `jot_fields`, `jot_subscriptions`.
              Or copy-paste this

              CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `{PREFIX}jot_content` (
                `id` int(10) NOT NULL auto_increment,
                `title` varchar(255) default NULL,
                `tagid` varchar(50) default NULL,
                `published` int(1) NOT NULL default '0',
                `uparent` int(10) NOT NULL,
                `parent` int(10) NOT NULL default '0',
                `flags` varchar(25) default NULL,
                `secip` varchar(32) default NULL,
                `sechash` varchar(32) default NULL,
                `content` mediumtext,
                `mode` int(1) NOT NULL default '1',
                `createdby` int(10) NOT NULL default '0',
                `createdon` int(20) NOT NULL default '0',
                `editedby` int(10) NOT NULL default '0',
                `editedon` int(20) NOT NULL default '0',
                `deleted` int(1) NOT NULL default '0',
                `deletedon` int(20) NOT NULL default '0',
                `deletedby` int(10) NOT NULL default '0',
                `publishedon` int(20) NOT NULL default '0',
                `publishedby` int(10) NOT NULL default '0',
                PRIMARY KEY  (`id`),
                KEY `parent` (`parent`),
                KEY `secip` (`secip`),
                KEY `tagidx` (`tagid`),
                KEY `uparent` (`uparent`)
              ) TYPE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;
              
              
              CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `{PREFIX}jot_subscriptions` (
                `id` mediumint(10) NOT NULL auto_increment,
                `uparent` mediumint(10) NOT NULL,
                `tagid` varchar(50) NOT NULL,
                `userid` mediumint(10) NOT NULL,
                PRIMARY KEY  (`id`),
                KEY `uparent` (`uparent`),
                KEY `tagid` (`tagid`),
                KEY `userid` (`userid`)
              ) TYPE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;
              
              
              CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `{PREFIX}jot_fields` (
                `id` mediumint(10) NOT NULL,
                `label` varchar(50) NOT NULL,
                `content` text,
                KEY `id` (`id`),
                KEY `label` (`label`)
              ) TYPE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;
              


              Or if you don`t want reinstall snippet Jot and lost you comments, you can change charset to UTF8 of `jot_content`, `jot_fields`, `jot_subscriptions` tables (and you would must decoding to UTF8 existing comments).