We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 46 Posts
    Im using the Jot bundled with 0.95 but having massive problems...

when posting a comment im getting the following error...
    « MODx Parse Error »
    MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
    « Execution of a query to the database failed - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ’’ at line 1 »
    SQL: UPDATE `mme_`.modx_jot_content SET title=’Boo2’,content=’Ha Ha Ha’,createdon=’1165957985’,createdby=’-1’,secip=’81.110.100.71’,sechash=’02df286c6882ce88d52691e7a303eede’,uparent=’50’,tagid=’’,published=’1’ WHERE id=;
    [Copy SQL to ClipBoard]

Parser timing
    MySQL: 0.0098 s (16 Requests)
    PHP: 0.0664 s
    Total: 0.0762 s

as you can see the id doesn’t have a value.

i need this fixed asap...

just to iliminate any guesses...

the DB name is mme_ the prefix is modx_ so its not that part of the SQL...

Can any one help PLZ...
      • 398 Posts
      download the Jot version from the repository, i have a feeling the Jot in the release isn;t correct
        Armand Pondman
        MODx Coding Team
        :: Jot :: PHx
        • 46 Posts
        your right the jot bundled with 095 is version 1.0 and latest version is 1.0.1 this should be changed...
          • 40 Posts
          This resolved my issue. You should post a sticky stating this so that people who come here not knowing wth is going on, dont pull their hair out trying to get comments to work laugh
            • 17 Posts
            I also had this problem. This post would have saved me a lot of stress and 2 hours. Why is the old version of Jot since being shipped with 0.9.5?
            • Quote from: 2ndMile at Feb 03, 2007, 05:55 PM

I also had this problem. This post would have saved me a lot of stress and 2 hours. Why is the old version of Jot since being shipped with 0.9.5?
              I believe it was a simple oversight when the 0.9.5 package was put together back in Decemeber. Just one of those things...

But, this is exactly why add-ons should not be bundled with the core distribution. Custom distributions with the focus of making sure all the included add-ons to make a particular kind of site easy to setup is the future...until then, growing pains...we apologize for stressing you out for 2 hours -- and won’t mention how many volunteer hours of stress were endured to produce 0.9.5.
              • Thank you Jason. smiley
                  Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                  Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me