We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 138 Posts
    Jot Version (from snippet code)

Name: Jot
    # Version: 1.0
    # Author: Armand "bS" Pondman
    # Date: Nov 3, 2006 23:30 CET

Hi,

I’m creating a site that will have 10 manager users. Some of the documents will have comments enabled through Jot. I would like to allow anonymous commenting, but moderated. If users register as a web user (register-an-account), their comments should be posted unmoderated. This should all be possible with Jot, afaik, so I’ll get there somehow smiley.
    On to my questions:

• Can manager users comment as well? Meaning that if my manager users are logged into the manager, can they also comment, or should they create a separate web user id?
    • (Maybe not Jot related) The standard WebLogin snipper logs people in, but only web users. Is there a different loginform that takes any user and logs them in appropriately(web/manager)?

Thanks.
      • 43 Posts
      1. If you are logged in as a manager you will be able to comment. If someone is logged into the back-end as a manager and front-end as a web user you will comment as the web user. If you are only logged into the back-end your comments will show as a manager (I think with default tpl manager posts have a yellow background, can’t remember though).

2. I am not sure, I know there was a snippet to let managers log in from the front end, but I don’t think it will check if the user is a web/manager, so you would either have to synchronize web/manager users or have 2 logins.
        • 398 Posts
        Manager posts don’t have a special color persé, they only have a special color if they are the author of the source wink

These are the rules when you are logged in backend+frontend at once:

Webuser identity > Manager identity
        Webuser Permissions < Manager Permissions

all comments by managers are registered with a positive integer referring to the manager id and all comments by websusers are registered as negative integers.

userid = 1, is a manager user with id 1
        userid = -1, is a webuser with id 1
          Armand Pondman
          MODx Coding Team
          :: Jot :: PHx
          • 138 Posts
          ... And all manager users are moderators by design? If so, would this be a feature request to have a manager group assigned to be moderator?

Thank both for your answers.
            • 398 Posts
            a manager user is indeed moderator by design.
            Your feature request is noted and will probably be in the next release.
              Armand Pondman
              MODx Coding Team
              :: Jot :: PHx