We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 135 Posts
    Is it possible to use the system defined richtext editor ala newspublisher in the jot comment form? If not how would I go about adding my own phx conditional to change new lines to <p> tags instead of breaks? BTW I’m not running PHx, still having issues with it.
      • 398 Posts
      Yeah it’s possible but you have to add some javascript into the form template.
      I currently don’t have the insides on the RTE workings but most of them can replace any textarea field onload.

What issues are you having with PHx?
        Armand Pondman
        MODx Coding Team
        :: Jot :: PHx
        • 135 Posts
        Quote from: bS at Nov 17, 2006, 10:50 AM

What issues are you having with PHx?

The same ones we discussed a while back. I haven’t had much time to dig around but it seems that includeFile snippet is doing strange things - it seemed to work when logged in as an admin but when I logged out then nada - completely blank page - just basic html - pretty weird.

When I get some time I’m gonna try and investigate further.
          • 398 Posts
          Quote from: Marschant at Nov 17, 2006, 11:13 AM

When I get some time I’m gonna try and investigate further.

Be sure that you have the latest version 2.0 (Rev4) and that for example the includeFile snippet is working as expected with PHx disabled. The worst thing PHx can do is to not display a value for some odd reason. All the MODx element functionality is completely handled by MODx parser itselve (PHx only overrides the detection and replacement of tags, and if a tag contains a modifier it will add the required functionality)
            Armand Pondman
            MODx Coding Team
            :: Jot :: PHx
            • 135 Posts
            I’m using version 2.0 rev4 and 0.9.5 rc1 at the moment and everything works perfectly with PHx disabled - like I said when I have some time I’m gonna experiment a little bit as having PHx working will be a bonus!
            • 095 rc 1 is really pretty outdated at this point. LOTs of fixes in there and RC3 is around the corner.
                Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                • 135 Posts
                RC3 sounds good - can’t wait, boy oh boy - btw any idea when we can expect a full-on 0.9.5 release?