We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 86 Posts
    Playing with MODx sample data. Login as manager user backend (admin). Didn’t login front-end. Post a comment and the author became ’siteadmin’ but not ’admin’. O understand that siteadmin is web user and admin is manager user. So I believe both are not the same and not related to each other. But how come Jot with use siteadmin as the name of the Author of that comment?
      • 398 Posts
      What Jot version are you using? Jot 1.0.1 should not do this.. it should show Admin.
        Armand Pondman
        MODx Coding Team
        :: Jot :: PHx
        • 86 Posts
        It is written as 1.0 in the snippet but it is downloaded from http://modxcms.com/Jot-998.html as Jot_1.0.1.zip

I attached it here.
          • 398 Posts
          yeah that was just a little version mislabel... but it’s the correct version.
          can you try cleaning your cookies and post something:

- anonymous
          - anonymous but specify a name
          - logged into the manager
          - logout of the manager, but login as siteadmin

Also setup a test page with just: [!Jot!] and post there.. is it doing the same?
          it could be a sample data error

Armand Pondman
            MODx Coding Team
            • 86 Posts
            Quote from: bS at Nov 09, 2006, 09:17 PM

can you try cleaning your cookies and post something:

- anonymous - Working
            - anonymous but specify a name - Working
            - logged into the manager - Get siteadmin
            - logout of the manager, but login as siteadmin - Working correctly (i.e siteadmin)

Also setup a test page with just: [!Jot!] and post there.. is it doing the same?
            it could be a sample data error
            Get siteadmin

I am using RC2 with default installation and sample data. (using windows apache and php)

Bs: if you cannot figure it now, it is not urgent on me. Maybe lets see if there is other uses having the same problem to get more feedback.
              • 398 Posts
              - Which PHP version?
              - Can you view your database? look in the *_jot_content table and see what id is in the createdby fields for the comments...

-1 = siteadmin
              1 = admin

all negative integers will be converted to webuser names
              all positive integers will be converted to manager names

Armand Pondman
                MODx Coding Team
                • 398 Posts
                I updated my showcase installation to MODx 0.95 RC2 and I have the same problem...
                The $modx->getLoginUserID method has changed so i have to adapt both PHx and Jot with a small update

quick fix for now:

in jot.class.inc.php replace:

$this->config["user"]["usrid"] = intval($modx->getLoginUserID());

with:

$this->config["user"]["usrid"] = intval($_SESSION['webInternalKey']);

this will solve the issue.. it won’t fix the already made posts but it will fix all the new posts from now on.

Armand Pondman
                  MODx Coding Team