We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 135 Posts
    Hi, I’m in the process of customising the templates for use with RC1 and for the life of me I can’t get custom fields displayed. It’s actually quite basic: I’d like to only show the "name" field for "guests" but no matter what I do I can’t manage to test this.

I’ve tried logging out of both the manager and site, clearing all cookies and cache but no luck...

My snippet call:
    [!Jot?subscribe=`0`&captcha=`0`&customfields=`name`&canmoderate=`Site Admins` &sortby=`createdon:d`&guestname=`Anonymous Swell Guy`&css=`0`!]

Chunk (modified chunk.form.inc.html):
    	[+form.guest:is=`1`:then=`
    		<tr>
    			<td class="label"><label for="name">Name</label></td>
    			<td class="input"><input tabindex="[+jot.seed:math=`?+1`+]" name="name" id="name" type="text" value="[+form.field.custom.name:esc+]" /></td>
    		</tr>
    	`:strip+]

Would someone be so kind as to help me out here!
      • 398 Posts
      what exactly isn’t working as it should?

be sure that you are not logged into the manager (guest form won’t show if logged in on the manager)
        Armand Pondman
        MODx Coding Team
        :: Jot :: PHx
        • 135 Posts
        The fields within the form.guest conditional don’t show up no matter what I do.

I’ve logged out of the manager, made certain I was logged out from the site interface too, cleared both th modx site cache as well as my browser cache, cleared all cookies and then tested again.. still no name field whatsoever.

I’ve checked the db records for modx_jot_content and the values are inserted when I move the name field outside of the phx conditional block...

Is the syntax in the chunk correct?
          • 398 Posts
          Congratz... You have a genuine bug!

I will post the update shortly smiley
            Armand Pondman
            MODx Coding Team
            • 135 Posts
            Sahweet!!! Just FYI, I noticed the following behaviours too:

01) When using captcha it insists that the value entered is incorrect no matter what case I enter it as i.e Swell39 doesn’t validate either "swell39", "Swell39" or "SWELL39".

02) Comment numbering is still screwy (this has been mentioned in a previous post). It doesn’t honour the sort direction i.e. always starts number from top of output.

Thanks for the excellent work, you guys are the number two reason why love MODX so much, number one being because it rocks, heck it’s even better than Chuck Norris, but please don’t tell him I told you so...
              • 398 Posts

Thanks for your feedback!

01) Fixed this also!
              02) Still thinking about this one... I have to restrict numbering to just the createdon field i guess.
                Armand Pondman
                MODx Coding Team
                • 398 Posts
                Get your fix here: http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,8520.0.html

And again.. thanks for reporting.. these were quiet crucial fixes wink
                  Armand Pondman
                  MODx Coding Team
                  • 135 Posts
                  Ummm, I’m still having the same issues!!! Downloaded RC1-rev2 and replaced class file. Running 0.9.5 BETA5 and have disabled all plugins except for TinyMCE.
                    • 398 Posts
                    omg i’m so stupid, will upload CORRECT class file right away in the other topic!

Download Rev3 wink
                      Armand Pondman
                      MODx Coding Team
                      • 1,193 Posts
                      bS! Jot is an awesomely versatile snippet. so many uses. I love the sandbox testing setup you have at zerobarrier.

I am also still having the problem with &customfields showing up. I also still cant get &sortby to work. I updated to RC1 rev3.

I am really impressed with what you have here bS, you have some of the cleanest code I have examined in a long time. I have taken a lot of hints from your work. thanks man, keep up the great work!

I did clear the cash, log out of the manager, and try Safari, FF, and Opera.
                      -sD-

*** EDIT ***
                      had to change my custom form!
                      Works great!
                        Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.
                        All of the above... in no specific order.

I send pointless little messages