We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2,310 Posts
    I’m trying to run Jot as a guestbook.
    I have this snippet call
    [!Jot? &subscribe=`0`  &pagination=`8` &customfields=`linkurl,linktitle,linkurl1,linktitle1` &canmoderate=`Registered Users` &moderated=`1` &notify=`1`!]

It works apart from when a user posts a comment they get the following error page ...
    Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.55 (Red Hat) Server at sav.org.uk Port 80

This happens in both Firefox & IE.
    If I take the "&moderated=`1`" out of the snippet call I don’t get the error.
    But that means it’s published which I didn’t want.
    I should say that the comment has been posted as unpublished and the email notification is sent to the moderator.
    So it works but leaves the user on a "500 Internal error page".
    Has anyone else had this?
    Thanks in advance
    David
      • 398 Posts
      what are the specific error details? one cause I can think of is that sending the email fails.
        Armand Pondman
        MODx Coding Team
        :: Jot :: PHx
        • 2,310 Posts
        Hello Armand,
        The email does get sent o.k. to the moderator.
        Sorry for my stupidity but how do I find out the specific error details?
        Thanks
        David
          • 398 Posts
          Hopefully MODx is logging the specific error...

Go to the Manager->Reports->System Events

Look for entries that occur at the time of posting and it should contain the detailed error.
            Armand Pondman
            MODx Coding Team
            • 2,310 Posts
            I’m on v9.2.1 rev 1005 and I’ve checked in Manager~Administration~Event Log Viewer and there’s nothing there at all.
            I downloaded the logs from the web server and looking at the time I posted the Jot comment this shows....
            [Thu Oct 26 11:23:13 2006] [error] [client 88.202.135.71] malformed header from script. Bad header=No recipient addresses found i: index.php, referer: http://sav.org.uk/index.php?id=105

page 105 is the guestbook with Jot running.
            Any ideas?
              • 398 Posts
              i think a user in the Registered User group does not have a email address specified. So if you fix that for the time being it will work... i shall fix this in upcoming Jot (to check an email address if it’s empty)
                Armand Pondman
                MODx Coding Team
                • 2,310 Posts
                Thanks for the idea about checking the details on the registered user email address.
                Interesting that there were two users in my registered users group who were also in other web groups.
                Both had valid email addresses and I received the emails O.K.
                When I created a new user and group called moderator and changed the snippet call to moderator it worked!
                There must be a conflict of some kind if they are in other groups, at least with my set up.

Thanks for the help
                Great snippet

David
                  • 398 Posts
                  Thanks.. i will look into this for 1.0
                    Armand Pondman
                    MODx Coding Team