We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 255 Posts
    Quote from: bS at Oct 14, 2006, 04:18 PM

one f my goals is to have things running straight "out of the box" when someone doesn’t need the customizing smiley
    About the chunks, good point I will update the install.txt smiley
    Also the 1.0 non beta version will be here end of the weekend.
    Well, that’s cool ofcourse, but the colors (or templates) of Jot wont always fit in the style people are using wink
    In addition I’d like to suggest to add a little ’howto’ on blocking the comments when using Ditto to display the latest posts (might as well just fit in more with the Ditto release, I just haven’t figured out how to do it).
      • 398 Posts
      Quote from: Leftblank at Oct 15, 2006, 07:23 AM

Well, that’s cool ofcourse, but the colors (or templates) of Jot wont always fit in the style people are using wink
      In addition I’d like to suggest to add a little ’howto’ on blocking the comments when using Ditto to display the latest posts (might as well just fit in more with the Ditto release, I just haven’t figured out how to do it).

Put the jot call into the template of the page displaying the article and not in the content wink
        Armand Pondman
        MODx Coding Team
        :: Jot :: PHx
        • 120 Posts
        It would be nice to be able to have some custom processors for custom fields. For instance, I have a "website" field. Some people will include the "http://", some won’t. I’d like to be able to insert a processor that formats URLs properly, without tampering with your existing code.
          • 398 Posts
          Quote from: jlivingston at Oct 15, 2006, 10:00 PM

It would be nice to be able to have some custom processors for custom fields.  For instance, I have a "website" field.  Some people will include the "http://", some won’t.  I’d like to be able to insert a processor that formats URLs properly, without tampering with your existing code.

I think that such an request is a little out of scope for Jot specific.  Your problem is solved by inputting the [+comment.custom.yourUrlField+]  into a homemade snippet that does the processing.

Another way is to add a custom modifier to PHx.
          Jot makes use of PHx (available as standalone plugin or if not installed only used when a jot template is rendered) there is an easy way of doing what you want. PHx is a seperate project from Jot and the custom modifiers are available as of PHx 1.4.0.
            Armand Pondman
            MODx Coding Team
            • 120 Posts
            Quote from: bS at Oct 15, 2006, 10:30 PM

Your problem is solved by inputting the [+comment.custom.yourUrlField+] into a homemade snippet that does the processing.

Yes, I realized this shortly after I submitted that post, but had to run off before I could comment on it here. Thanks.
              • 3,975 Posts
              bS` , How can I modify the post sort order ? tongue ... by default it displays new first, but I want it to display the new posts at the end.

Another thing, I want to place the posting form at the end of last post, how I can do it?

Thanks.

zi
                Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
                • 398 Posts
                Quote from: zi at Oct 30, 2006, 09:02 AM

bS` , How can I modify the post sort order ? tongue ... by default it displays new first, but I want it to display the new posts at the end.

&sortby=`createdon:a`

Another thing, I want to place the posting form at the end of last post, how I can do it?

&output=`0` &placeholders=`1`

and then use all the html placeholders to fix the layout

[+jot.html.subscribe+]
                [+jot.html.moderate+]
                [+jot.html.navigation+
                [+jot.html.comments+]
                [+jot.html.form+]
                  Armand Pondman
                  MODx Coding Team
                  • 3,975 Posts
                  Thank you very much bS`!

best regards,

zi
                    Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
                    • 43 Posts
                    Quote from: bS at Oct 31, 2006, 08:48 AM

When reinstalling take these steps:

1. Clear the jot directory
                    2. Delete the Jot snippet from the resource manager
                    2. Delete the *_jot_* tables from the modx database
                    3. Copy the content of rc1 to /assets/snippets/jot
                    4. Create a new snippet called Jot and copy the content of jot.snippet.txt into the code field.
                    5. Reload the page with the Jot call.

if you set &debug to 1 can you confirm that the jot.html -- placeholder values are filled and that the jot.placeholder value is set to 1?

I will not rest before you can run Jot.. lol grin

Debug shows placeholders set to 1 and jot.html.* displays the output.
                    Going to reinstall jot and see if that fixes both issues.
                      • 1,193 Posts
                      Quote from: bS at Oct 30, 2006, 11:05 AM

&sortby=`createdon:a`

&output=`0` &placeholders=`1`

and then use all the html placeholders to fix the layout

[+jot.html.subscribe+]
                      [+jot.html.moderate+]
                      [+jot.html.navigation+
                      [+jot.html.comments+]
                      [+jot.html.form+]

I too want to sort by ascending. I added &sortby=`createdon:a` to the snippet call. it does nothing. I looked through your source to find the "default" setting for sortby, but I could not find it. Also, &validate won’t work for me either. I tried to change the default (from the wiki), content:You forgot to enter a comment to &validate=`content:Please enter a comment` , but it still gives the default error message, and none of the custom validations even display. What am I doing wrong?

-sD-
                        Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.
                        All of the above... in no specific order.

I send pointless little messages

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.