We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 388 Posts
    Hello.

i have a call:

[[Ditto? &documents=`235, 246, 252, 118, 74` &depth=`2` &display=`all` &total=`all` &showInMenuOnly=`1` &orderBy=`isfolder DESC` &tpl=`nl_sidebar`]]

and is displaying a link list but the order is not the one that i write, is displaying the links in this id order:

118, 235, 246, 74, 252

I know that is the &orderBy=`isfolder DESC` but i dont know what is the right call to do that.

some ideas?

thank you very much!!! grin grin grin
      --
      ysanmiguel.com
      • 561 Posts
      Hi,
      I think it’s a language barrier here.... I’m quite sure you don’t want "isfolder", you would use that to filter out (remove) certain documents based on whether they were folders or not. That won’t help with the order of the documents.

This way will give you the most control:

[[Ditto? &orderBy=`menuindex ASC` &documents=`235, 246, 252, 118, 74` &depth=`2` &display=`all` &total=`all` &showInMenuOnly=`1` &tpl=`nl_sidebar`]]

Then you set "Menu Index" on each document to make any order you want. If you have Doc Manager, (Modules, Doc Manager) that can go even faster. I believe the default Ditto order is by "publishedon ASC", although I may be mistaken.

Hope that helps,
      Ciao, Dave

MODx and Wordpress development
        Linux, PHP 5.2, MySQL 5.0, Evo 1.05, Revo 2.08-pl, Firefox 4
        • 928 Posts
        To display documents in the order you list them, this thread shows how to create a custom sorting extender: http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,47947.0.html
        smiley KP