We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 93 Posts
    I am gonna die... This is a big problem for me... for my client.

My Client has a Gatekeeper philosophy where users create content and edit content that is not published until a "Gatekeeper" reviews documents and publishes them.

The users who have "Save" unchecked in their Role profile can not edit an unpublished document. Ergo, they can only create not redact.

The second MAJOR issue here is that if you do not have "save" checked in your user profile you can NOT have the FCKE in quick editor windows.
    This is a massive downer for the users who need a WYSIWYG type real time editor and the click quick edit and can only plain text.

But, the publish/save issue is huge. I have to grant about 350 users access to publish willy nilly until I figure this out. Because, if an unpublished document needs changed before it can be published the user without save can not edit. Even an unpublished doc.
      • 3,250 Posts
      Please do not double post.
        • 93 Posts
        I am terribly sorry. I thought that chatting about it in the General section and venting would be different from seeking the acctual answer in the other place. I am apologize I dont double post. I just wanted to vent about it in chat, and have a thread where people would have help ideas.

I was not seeking help here the heading said "General Project Banter" so I was bantering. Reused text which was my error. In the future I will rephrase any issue I have been having with MODX for the "Project Banter area...

Cheers/
          • 1,495 Posts
          Here is the right topic.
          http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,3028.0/topicseen.html

Just clarification for other members to post reply to the right forum topic. wink
            Wendy Novianto
            [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
            [font=Verdana]Xituz Media