We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 128 Posts
    I have gotten it working as well on a base install of 9.6.3, so it must be something else I’m doing wrong. I’ll keep at it. Thanks for all the help!
      Revo 2.0.8-pl
      • 24,544 Posts
      Quote from: drwagner13 at Aug 29, 2009, 11:58 PM

Yes, but my CODE does have a template variable (longtitle)! Wah. That all the links on the Ditto home page are broken (notably the bug report link) and the fact that that site hasn’t been updated in 2 years bodes poorly for this situation.

No, technically longtitle is not actually a template variable, it’s a resource field. The resource fields (pagetitle, longtitle, alias, etc.) are sometimes referred to as TVs because they share the same kind of tag, but they shouldn’t be. Template variables are *user-created* custom resource fields.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 10 Posts
        Quote from: drwagner13 at Aug 30, 2009, 03:00 PM

I have gotten it working as well on a base install of 9.6.3, so it must be something else I’m doing wrong. I’ll keep at it. Thanks for all the help!

Are you using PHx on the site you are having problems with? That will parse the placeholder inside the @CODE string, causing Ditto to report that there are no placeholders in &tpl. I only just worked this out for myself, it had been driving me nuts!
          • 128 Posts
          Yes, I am using PhX, extensively, on this site. Is there a workaround? Is there even a ditto developer anymore?
            Revo 2.0.8-pl
            • 10 Posts
            Quote from: drwagner13 at Sep 15, 2009, 11:32 AM

Yes, I am using PhX, extensively, on this site. Is there a workaround? Is there even a ditto developer anymore?

I haven’t found a workaround yet, unfortunately. I would love to find one though, as I also use PHx from time to time.
              • 354 Posts
              I encountered this error and fixed it. My chunk did not have any placeholders in it. Once i included [+pagetitle+] it suddenly start working.

I know this thread is old but still it *might* help someone out there.