We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    After I install the lastest Modx TP3.1

I click on "Getting Started" and get the following message:

Not Found
    The requested URL /modx/assets/docs/getting_started was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

When I click on "Home" on the left menu I got the following message:

Not Found
    The requested URL /modx/p1.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

What should I do to get this to work?

Thanks
    • Chanh:

Did you upload and rename the ht.access file to .htaccess?

If that’s not the issue, try adding the subdirectory to the RewriteRule in .htaccess so it looks like this (since it appears you are installing in a subdirectory):

# If your MODx installation is in a subdirectory, change the following line to match the physical
      # path to the "root" of the site as follows:
      # RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /path/to/subdirectory/index.php?q=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /modx/index.php?q=$1 [L,QSA]

Let me know if you are still having problems. BTW, I don’t think the getting_started guide has been completed and thus is not included in the installation as of yet.
        • 1 Posts
        Jason,

That did it! Thanks

One suggestion to include some text or hint when turn on "friendly URL" to edit ".htaccess" file
          • 3,975 Posts
          Quote from: chanh at Aug 19, 2005, 01:36 PM

One suggestion to include some text or hint when turn on "friendly URL" to edit ".htaccess" file

Hi Chanh!

The hint is right there, where you can switch on the friendly URLs,

Check underneath the YES/NO option, you will find this statement:
          This allows you to use search engine friendly URLs with MODx. Please note, this only works for MODx installations running on Apache, and you’ll need to write a .htaccess file for this to work. See the .htaccess file included in the distribution for more info.

regards,

zi
            Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
            • 1,131 Posts
            Quote from: chanh at Aug 19, 2005, 01:36 PM

Even better, we should probably make sure and include this in the installation routine. Put it as part of a post-installation checklist or such. Just a thought. smiley
              Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
              • 3,975 Posts
              I agree with you Jeff !!

That would be really nice addition to installer ! smiley

regards,

zi

• 1 Posts
                Zi,

Now that I look at the text carefull and I found the hint. I was skimming through the text looking for some bold information about .htaccess but apprarently I missed it!

Thanks
                • Thanks for the Feedback Chahn... we’re obviously always looking to make it better... Zi, can you please log a summary as a feature request in the bug tracker, referencing this post?
                    Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                    Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                    • 1 Posts
                    You guy are great!

I wish I have time to dig into Modx more in depth. I will eventually though!
                      • 3,975 Posts
                      Quote from: rthrash at Aug 19, 2005, 07:36 PM

Thanks for the Feedback Chahn... we’re obviously always looking to make it better... Zi, can you please log a summary as a feature request in the bug tracker, referencing this post?

luckily its already there wink

http://modxcms.com/bugs/index.php?do=details&id=16

Quote from: chanh at Aug 20, 2005, 04:29 AM

You guy are great!

Thanks Chanh ! smiley

regards,

zi