We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3,250 Posts
    Here is the situation:

A fresh install of Modx3.1 with no mods

1 shared server with the following specs

FreeBSD martinique.globat.com 4.8-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE #0: Wed May 14 17:50:55 PDT 2003 [email protected]:/usr/src/sys/compile/SMP-GLOBAT i386 :::Server version: Apache/1.3.29 (Unix) Server built: Nov 11 2003 16:53:18 :::Content-t :::4.0.13 :::v5.8.0 built for i386-freebsd

PHP Version 4.3.4

MySQL Version 4.0.13

More details: http://www.globat.com/netstatus/server_info.php

Whenever I go to "Backup Manager" in the manager and select any table or combination of the tables, I get a loop of a=93 that runs endlessly until the entire frameset is refreshed

Any ideas?
    • Looks like PHP is running as GCI from looking at the PHP info information. Is this correct?
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 1,732 Posts
        Confirmed!

This problem only occurs in IE. Very Strange!

Here’s a quick fix:
        Open manager/frames/3.php
        Goto line 300 and change:

<body onclick="hideMenu();" onbeforeunload="saveFolderState()">

to

<body onclick="hideMenu();">

Note: this fix will have a minor effect on tree state. future versions will correct this problem

xWisdom
          www.xwisdomhtml.com
          The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
          MODx Co-Founder - Create and do more with less.
        • Mark,

Can you log this in the bugtracker, please (so you’ll receive automatic update notices). Thanks!
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 3,250 Posts
            Logged in bugtracker.

Note: this fix will have a minor effect on tree state. future versions will correct this problem

Exactly what is this effect? (Currious to know before I apply your patch)
              • 3,250 Posts
              Interesting, I tried it in Firefox on the PC and it works fine.... (I have to use IE to get the Top menu layout (IE Only) )
                • 1,732 Posts
                Quote from: Mark at Aug 10, 2005, 12:29 AM

Exactly what is this effect? (Currious to know before I apply your patch)

It’s nothing major. The only reason the onbeforeunload was add was to allow the system to update the treestate before reloading the tree.
                  xWisdom
                  www.xwisdomhtml.com
                  The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
                  MODx Co-Founder - Create and do more with less.