We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,198 Posts
    TP3 change all alias name in all small caps automatically - why???

ex:
    Home > changed in home
    ProductsList > productslist

Whith new small caps name i loose all Google PageRank sad

If is not a bug - can i deactivate??
      Free MODx Graphic resources and Templates www.tattoocms.it
      -----------------------------------------------------

MODx IT  www.modx.it

bubuna.com - Web & Multimedia Design
    • That behavior will not be in 3.1. The new default behavior is to only touch the alias field if you have created aliases turned on, and the field is blank.

Is Google really case sensitive?
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 1,198 Posts
        Quote from: rthrash at Jul 22, 2005, 01:26 PM

That behavior will not be in 3.1. The new default behavior is to only touch the alias field if you have created aliases turned on, and the field is blank.
        How Can i remove/deactivate this beahavior, till tp3.1?

Is Google really case sensitive?
        Yes sad

Thanks rthrash wink

MODx IT  www.modx.it

• That’s really odd. I’ve noticed different Adsense ads when searching "Tomato" vs. "tomato" (and same for lettuce, ford, MODx, and so on), but the general ranking on the top 10 results doesn’t change.

3.1 is right around the corner. Perhaps Raymond or Jason can post the relevant files/changes here.
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 1,732 Posts
            Quote from: banzai at Jul 22, 2005, 01:55 PM

That behavior will not be in 3.1. The new default behavior is to only touch the alias field if you have created aliases turned on, and the field is blank.
            How Can i remove/deactivate this beahavior, till tp3.1?

Here you go:

Check to make sure you don’t have Automatic Aliases on

or

open manager/processors/save_content.processor.php and comment out lines 48-76.

xWisdom
              www.xwisdomhtml.com
              The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
              MODx Co-Founder - Create and do more with less.
              • 1,198 Posts
              Quote from: xwisdom at Jul 22, 2005, 03:12 PM

Here you go:

Check to make sure you don’t have Automatic Aliases on
              no i don’t have.

Quote from: xwisdom at Jul 22, 2005, 03:12 PM

or

open manager/processors/save_content.processor.php and comment out lines 48-76.

smileyThanks!! i tried it and resolve the problem;)

MODx IT  www.modx.it

• I have an opinion on this and someone feel free to correct me or offer another perspective, but, here we go wink :

First, no, I don’t believe Google search is case-sensitive, and I doubt this is affecting Adsense ads, but I could be wrong on that point.

Second, using mixed case in URLs is horrible for users and accessibility, cause on Linux servers, unless they get the case exactly right, they’re going to get a 404 (or referral to the error page in our case). I recently converted a site that was originally deployed like this via FrontPage and on the ’nix server, it was a mess to say the least, so I followed recommendations I’ve gotten from many SEO experts (and from using WordPress, which is where the majority of the alias cleaning concepts implemented here came from) and made them all lower-case, replaced spaces with a dash (-), etc. But to prevent breaking the mixed case links, I implemented one change to the MODx friendly URL rewrite rule to help manage the case-sensitivity:

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?q=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

Notice the NC at the end, which indicates to mod_rewrite to ignore the case of the request.

Again, just my perspective on this; I’m just hoping I can have the option to apply the alias cleaning rules even if I don’t use automatic aliases?