We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 113 Posts
    Tried an upgrade from TP2 to 3.?

1. Front end produces this error:
    MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
    ? `` is not numeric and may not be passed to makeUrl() ?
    but manager works and pages do display within the preview frame in edit mode.

2. When saving configuration, the following error occurs:
    Warning: Unexpected character in input: ’\’ (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home/servantw/public_html/site/assets/cache/siteCache.idx.php on line 2827

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home/servantw/public_html/site/assets/cache/siteCache.idx.php on line 2827

If I re-upload siteCache.idx.php and sitePublishing.idx.php it goes away.

3. No editors are showing up at all--neither in the site config dropdown menu nor in page edit mode.

4. Minor but perhaps relevant: site name does not show up in the manager HTML title--only " - (MODx Content Manager)"

PHP Version 4.3.10
    MySQL 4.0.22
    Redhat Linux (version??)
    Mozilla 1.7.3 and IE6 on WinXP

• Thanks jlarson, noted and we’ll investigate ASAP. Keep those reports coming in folks!
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
      • re: 1. Yeah, in the next version we plan to have the installer check for the existence of the cache files before overwriting them on an upgrade. You can usually resolve this by simply refreshing the site from the manager (which clears the cache files).

re: 2. Same issue...

re: 3. We had this issue in our pre-TP3 tests, but thought we resolved this issue. We’ll double-check this area again.

re: 4. Should be an easy fix

Thanks for all the input; it’s truly appreciated.
          • 113 Posts
          Thanks for your quick replies.

When I refresh the site, the same error occurs in siteCache.idx.php on the site front end.
            • 1 Posts
            I’m getting this also. I happened right after I added the flexsearch snippet. Before that I was having no issues.

I did anothe rupgrade after reuploading all files and then edited the site cach and hand removed the offending line. Now however when i try to login it always tells me my password is incorect. And of course after the thrid time it tells me I can no longer log in due to 3 failed atempts. How long does the login block last for?
              • 19 Posts
              Quote from: webmedic at Jul 18, 2005, 10:45 PM

I’m getting this also. I happened right after I added the flexsearch snippet. Before that I was having no issues.

I did anothe rupgrade after reuploading all files and then edited the site cach and hand removed the offending line. Now however when i try to login it always tells me my password is incorect. And of course after the thrid time it tells me I can no longer log in due to 3 failed atempts. How long does the login block last for?
              Have a look at this thread for instructions on how to unlock your account.
                Johnny Chadda
                http://johnny.chadda.se
                "This is a UNIX virus. Please remove all your files and copy this message to friends."
                • 1,732 Posts
                Many many thanks guys for point out this bug.

Here’s the quick fix:

Edit the file:

manager/processors/cache_sync.class.processor.php

and modify lines 23-27 for show:

function escapeDoubleQuotes($s) {
                	$q1 = array("\\","\"","\r","\n","\$");
                	$q2 = array("\\\\","\\\"","\\r","\\n","\\$");
                	return str_replace($q1,$q2,$s);
                }	

Save the file above file.

Now edit your siteCache.idx.php file and delete every thing below the line containing the following php code:

$c = &$this->chunkCache;

Save the cache file.

Now login into the manager and hit the "Refresh site" menu option.

Did this resolve the issue?

Best regards,

xWisdom
                  www.xwisdomhtml.com
                  The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
                  MODx Co-Founder - Create and do more with less.
                  • 113 Posts
                  Well I don’t know about the fix to cache_sync.class.processor.php--the code you show is identical to the current function isn’t it? But the deletion from siteCache.idx.php did the trick for mine.

So my problems are fixed--thanks so much--except for the editor. It still doesn’t show up.
                    • 1,732 Posts
                    Quote from: jlarson at Jul 19, 2005, 10:58 AM

Well I don’t know about the fix to cache_sync.class.processor.php--the code you show is identical to the current function isn’t it?? But the deletion from siteCache.idx.php did the trick for mine.

So my problems are fixed--thanks so much--except for the editor.? It still doesn’t show up.

Well these two lines are diferent :

$q1 = array("\\","\"","\r","\n","\$");
                    $q2 = array("\\\\","\\\"","\\r","\\n","\\$");

As for the editor... Is the FCKEditor Plugin installed? If so go to the System confguration screen after you have made the above change to the cache file.

Btw, what’s your browser language?

xWisdom
                      www.xwisdomhtml.com
                      The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
                      MODx Co-Founder - Create and do more with less.