We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2,204 Posts
    When editing a document I like to preview the content bij using the same named option at the top
    That works NP but after the previeuw I am not able to use FCKEditor in any way than only typing text, but first I need to expand the icons and menubar befor I can try anything, somehow in folds in by itself. (see attachment) when unfolded mause over works but cliking on the icons does not produce anything.

Greets Dimmy

follow me on twitter: @dimmy01
      • 1,131 Posts
      This is probably a default behavior of FCKeditor itself and not so much as a problem with TP3. Since the editor itself is now a plugin, I’m sure changing some settings with the plugin should fix the problem. Granted, there are few little quirks in FCK that still need to be addressed so...guess we’ll see. I tried to duplicate the problem in IE6 on my own test install and didn’t see any problems. The ’Preview’ feature in the editor itself just throws open a popup window with a basic preview for me so...not sure. What OS are you running? XP? 2000? Might help to have a little more information and clarification on what you’re doing to duplicate the problem. smiley
        Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
        • 2,204 Posts
        Did you try the preview option on the 5th tab at the top? Itryed it on 3 mashines all windows xp 1x sp1 2x sp2
        all IE6 sp2

could be that it is an fck editor problem but it looks like the page is not fully refreshed itself the error I get from IE=
         Line 34
        character 2193
        error: 'this.FCKToolbarButton' is empty
        code: 0

follow me on twitter: @dimmy01
          • 1,131 Posts
          I see what you mean now...and, yeah, it seems to only happen with IE. Didn’t get the script errors you mentioned till I click on the Image button in the editor. Yeah...definitely something that needs to be looked at. I’ll have to investigate into it further myself.
            Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."