We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,131 Posts
    Well...I just upgraded to TP3 for testing and..umm..think I found a bug!? It seems that one of my TV’s, a multi-select listbox, will not display properly when editing a page.? It shows the listbox...but none of the options for the listbox are displayed.? Ugg!?

I’ll try to find the source of the bug...but I thought I’d let you guys know in the interim in case you find the source of it first.? laugh
      Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
    • Yeah... found and working with a coule of others. See the general support thread. Thanks and if you find the issue, please post the fix pronto! Thanks!
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 1,131 Posts
        Another one that is related to TV’s...

Create a new TV and select RichText as it’s type and save it. Now go back and edit the new TV and you’ll notice that the type defaults back to Text. Ugg! I’m thinking this should be a fairly easy one. wink

Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
        • Noted also. Methinks a quick TV-related fix will cure all these woes!
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 1,131 Posts
            Think I got it worked out for both bugs. Ok...for the RichText selection bug...it was something simple. wink

In mutate_tmplvars.dynamic.action.php, around line 309:

<option value="richtext" <?php	echo ($content['display']=='richtext'||$content['type']=='htmlarea')? "selected='selected'":""; ?>>RichText</option>

I think it needs to be this:

<option value="richtext" <?php	echo ($content['type']=='richtext'||$content['type']=='htmlarea')? "selected='selected'":""; ?>>RichText</option>

Looks like the $content variable was mistakenly set to ’display’ instead of ’type’.

Now...for the other bug, open up templvars.inc.php. Go to any line that includes this:

$index_list = ParseIntputOptions(ProcessTVCommand("",$field_elements));

Now, I knew that the TV’s weren’t being display due to a problem with one of these functions. I took a look at the ProcessTVCommand function and noticed something...it only accepts one variable, not two. So it would seem that taking out the first "blank" variable would do the trick:

$index_list = ParseIntputOptions(ProcessTVCommand($field_elements));

As a test, I did this with the listbox-multiple case statement and the problem went away. Hmm...what’s the empty quoted variable being passed used for anyways? What’s odd is that the formatting for the ProcessTVCommand call in the $index_list variable existed in the previous Technology Preview...so I’m not sure what’s different in the TV functions to make the behaviour change like this. At any rate, at least we know now that the ProcessTVCommand only accepts a single input value so changing all instances to reflect this would need to be addressed.

That’s all for now...more to come I’m sure. smiley

Jeff Whitfield

• 1,732 Posts
              Hi Jeff,

Many thanks for the quick fix smiley

I’ll add these in as soon as I get a chance to do so.

xWisdom
                www.xwisdomhtml.com
                The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
                MODx Co-Founder - Create and do more with less.
                • 1,131 Posts
                No prob! I do what I can! smiley
                  Jeff Whitfield