We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 23 Posts
    Is there a way (like editing the php or html or whatever) to change the font size of the admin choices in the administartion area. This is a real issue as a user has had their eyesight damaged by LASIK and can’t read that small a font.

thanks.
    • Yes. The font sizes are controlled in the admin CSS files. The next Tech Preview should also be a bit more readible and easily modified, too.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 23 Posts
        Thanks!
          • 23 Posts
          What is the exact name of the CSS file? Since the admin area uses frames, I couldn’t figure the CSS name. When I tried
          find -iname *.css
          from an SSH session, but I got back a lot of CSS file names. And which statement in the CSS has the font setting?

thanks,
          Kurt
          • Try looking in /manager/media/style ...

Depending on the theme you’re running it will either be style.css or /MODx/style.css
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • 23 Posts
              Quote from: rthrash at Jul 07, 2005, 02:06 AM

Try looking in /manager/media/style ...

Depending on the theme you’re running it will either be style.css or /MODx/style.css
              Actually, it looks like ( from examing /manager/frames/2.php) that the CSS file used is MODX/navbar.css. But even after I alter the font-size
              a {
              /*snip*/
              font-size 12px;/*9px;*/
              }
              , and reload the admin page, it looks the same. In fact, I tried to change the style of the menu headers by turning off the bolding, just to see if I could get something to change, and that did not take effect either.

Any idea as to why?

thanks.
              • I’ll have to look into this later for you, as I don’t recall off the top of my head which one it is. make sure you’re editing the styles for the manager style you’ve got set too... I’ve made that goof before! smiley
                  • 93 Posts
                  Quote from: kkruecke at Jul 07, 2005, 10:35 PM

...change the style of the menu headers by turning off the bolding, just to see if I could get something to change, and that did not take effect either.

Any idea as to why?
                  Are you using Firefox? If you do, there’s a very useful extention called ’Web developer’ that helps a lot when playing with css:
                  http://chrispederick.com/work/firefox/webdeveloper/
                  And if you don’t use Firefox this might be a reason to start using it. lol. grin One thing the extension can do is edit the current css on the page. So you see if you’re dealing with the right css file
                    • 155 Posts
                    Quote from: kkruecke at Jul 07, 2005, 10:35 PM

Quote from: rthrash at Jul 07, 2005, 02:06 AM

Try looking in /manager/media/style ...

Actually, it looks like ( from examing /manager/frames/2.php) that the CSS file used is MODX/navbar.css. But even after I alter the font-size
                    a {
                    /*snip*/
                    font-size 12px;/*9px;*/
                    }
                    , and reload the admin page, it looks the same. In fact, I tried to change the style of the menu headers by turning off the bolding, just to see if I could get something to change, and that did not take effect either.

Any idea as to why?

thanks.

All I can tell you is that 2.php is the correct file to be editing. Unfortunately, I have modded the snot out of the one I am working in, so I can’t even begin to tell you what the problem might be.

John
                      • 23 Posts
                      Once I made sure to delete my browser’s cache before refreshing, changes to navbar, like increasing the font-size for anchors, were successful.