We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,198 Posts
    i had a new installation of TP21, but i can’t see fck editor interface:
    see attach
      Free MODx Graphic resources and Templates www.tattoocms.it
      -----------------------------------------------------

MODx IT  www.modx.it

bubuna.com - Web & Multimedia Design
    • Did you enable it in the system configuration?

How did you install TP2.1?

What browser/OS are you on?
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 1,198 Posts
        Quote from: rthrash at Jul 06, 2005, 06:09 PM

Did you enable it in the system configuration?

How did you install TP2.1?

What browser/OS are you on?
        Yes i enabled it in system configuration, and tried both toolbar settings (default and basic)
        It’s a new install (not upgrade)
        Using IE, FIREFOX1.4 and MYIE2

:(

MODx IT  www.modx.it

• Need some more information on your server, too: PHP Version, MySQL version, Operating System, please. This is a very odd problem indeed! :/
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 1,198 Posts
            Quote from: rthrash at Jul 07, 2005, 12:53 PM

Need some more information on your server, too: PHP Version, MySQL version, Operating System, please. This is a very odd problem indeed! :/

This the server configuration

Os Linux
            PHP Version 4.3.10
            Apache/2.0.51
            MySQL 4.0.23
            phpMyAdmin 2.5.6

I had removed TP21 and installed old TP1 tu use htmlarea

MODx IT  www.modx.it

• 2,204 Posts
              What Language is your computer setup with?

I had the same problem I have a dutch system it does not show cause it can not find the Language file that fits the Language of your system, because not all the Language files are in the lang dir of the fckeditor.
              so I needed to add the nl file manualy to get it to work. somehow the manual override in the ini does not work.

Greets Dimmy
                follow me on twitter: @dimmy01
                • 5 Posts
                If got the same problem with TP3 and IE6 (german WinXP SP2, JS activated) - no editor is displayed.
                However, it works fine with firefox (0.6.1)...

the installation was upgrade from tp2....

mplx
                • The reason is most likely due to a missing German language file in FCK editor. Try to switch to English and see if it loads.

We’re actively discussing how to handle language packs with the RTEs and with MODx in general. Have any ideas there?
                    • 2,204 Posts
                    Switching to english is not working. somhow the brouwser language is master override I just renamed the "en" to "nl"I think renaming the file to "de" would also work maybe we could post a pol to see what languaches we realy need a lot like dutch and german and maybe french?
                      follow me on twitter: @dimmy01
                      • 5 Posts
                      hm, i thought that language thing made sense, and tried some things, and I found something which is working for me now, maybe somebody (Dimmy?) else can check this if this might be a possible solution to this problem...

- i’ve tried with both englisch and german firefox - they’re working both (quite strange!?)
                      - i’ve tried to set the prefered language in my (german) IE to [en] - didn’t work
                      - i’ve tried to disable the language autodetection of fckeditor in assets\plugins\fckeditor\fckconfig.js (FCKConfig.AutoDetectLanguage = false) - didn’t work

- finally i noticed in assets\plugins\fckeditor\lang\fcklanguagemanager.js (which contains all available languages) all languages are configured, however in modx distribution there’s only english (en.js) included. so i removed all others, and now it’s working. smiley

afterwards - as i was just fizzing around with that FCK thing - i thought i’d enable german language in FCK, however i failed badly; downloading FCK and putting the de.js and activating it fcklanguagemanager.js didn’t bring any success, heck, even forcing german (deactivated english in fcklanguagemanager.js, deactivating autodetect, setting de to default) everthing was still in english language... sad? (Dimmy, is your modx FCK working in dutch?)