We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 96 Posts
    Hi,

I’m having a problem with webusers. When I create a restricted page, even if no authorized webuser is logged in, the page is still accessible through its URL; i.e. loading the page index.php?id=<id>.

Instead, I think that the error page should be generated (as it happens when one tries to load an unpublished document).

Note that I’m still using TP1, but I’ve not been able to find the description of this bug on the forum, so I’m posting it anyway...

Thanks,
    Luca
      • 3,975 Posts
      Hi Commodore64 !

Can you share the link please, it will help us to determine the problem easily. (make a example restricted page and post URL here)

Thanks and regards,

zi
        Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
      • Luca, I suspect you’re logged into the manager when this occurs. Try logging out first to see if it still exhibits this behavior. Thanks!
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 96 Posts
          Quote from: rthrash at Jun 18, 2005, 11:14 AM

Luca, I suspect you’re logged into the manager when this occurs.

Thank you rthrash and zi. No, I’m not logged into the manager. When I’m logged into the manager, then restricted pages appear in the menu, too. When I’m not logged, they disappear from the menu (as it should be) but they remain directly accessible. Moreover, when I access them directly, they appear in the menu again.

You can try it yourself: this is a restricted page: http://www.freepgs.com/roma21/index.php?id=142. It’s a child of "Branco DGS"; it appears in the menu "Branco DGS" if you access it directly, but it disappears when you’re visiting any other page...

• 3,975 Posts
            I have tested the link in Firefox 1.0.4 and IE 6.0, and the link redirects to error page, which means its working correct, there must be some cache issues.

Try making document not cacheable and also refresh your cache, if possible then check on another computer.

we will look forward to hear from you smiley

Regards,

zi

• 96 Posts
              Quote from: zi at Jun 18, 2005, 04:12 PM

Try making document not cacheable

Done: now it works!! smiley
              Thank you very much!
                • 3,975 Posts
                You are most welcome Luca,

I am glad, your problem solved :lol:

Regards,

zi

• 96 Posts
                  Thank you, zi. I really appreciate your effort to let everybody feel "at home" in this forum! smiley